Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljcsd456 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 09:10 PM
    1883 Sewing Machine
    Hi, I purchased at auction a coffin top 1883 sewing machine. I cannot find any information on the internet concerning a "Farmers Alliance" sewing machine. I assume this is not a singer. I would appreciate any information. Thanks ljcsd456
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Is there any other information that you can provide about the machine? Maybe a number or name somewhere else on it, like on the back, underneath, on the actual sewing mechanism itself or on the inside of a drawer?

Sep 5, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Hi, I looked over the machine and cabinet, inside drawers and underneath. The words Farmers Alliance appear in quotation marks and no apostrophe on Farmers. All I can see is Patented Apr 15 79 also July 1 79 also March 22 81 and lastly Jan 16 83. Thanks Laura
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ljcsd456
    Hi, I looked over the machine and cabinet, inside drawers and underneath. The words Farmers Alliance appear in quotation marks and no apostrophe on Farmers. All I can see is Patented Apr 15 79 also July 1 79 also March 22 81 and lastly Jan 16 83. thanks Laura
    Okay, so we will keep searching. Maybe someone will come up with some information. I will keep trying, also.
    quiltlover57 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:52 AM
    I have a Domestic Fiddlebase # 4 that looks like a coffin top. Could you have a Domestic machine
    quiltlover57

Jul 28, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Hi, and thanks for helping. My sewing machine does not have a fiddle base. The "coffin top" is easily removed. The machine is black, with flowers on it. I'll check again for a number or model. Thanks Laura

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Antique sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. I have an old(? ) treadle sewing machine in a fold-away wooden cabinet. It is a "Beaver" sewing machine and I have not been able to find any information on it at all. Can anyone help me with finding out how much it is worth, or where to...

Singer Sewing Machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Singer Sewing Machine that belonged to my God-Mother the serial number off the machine is: 1172500A. Does this machine have any value?

1883 Singer Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently stumbled upon a Singer sewing machine (coffin top) that is dated 1883. However, I cannot find a serial or model number anywhere. I've considered the possibility that there was never one imprinted on it, but I just can't imagine that would be so. Being unable to locate this...

View more questions Search