Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Rebound dating (How do you girls do it)
    One thing I've seen when some girlfriends have returned from NC - and they do come back if you don't run them down, or run them off - is that is that they often date in the interim.

Well, it's a free country. And a few months is a few months... And we're not married -
    Still, when I break up with a girl I take a while to be ready for someone new.

But... It seems that a method of cheering up/self-esteem often includes accepting a dinner date and conversation not long after a break. And in some cases "more"... even if it means nothing. And then they come back when they just want what we had... Surprise. Sometimes I welcome a girl back.
    Sometimes not.

*If I'm the breaker, I just don't come back :-)

So, how does a woman compartmentalize this? Be intimate and date, while still in love with someone else?
    How can it be done without passion?
    What function does it serve?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 09:32 AM
    One theory, perhaps the rebound guy is a mental bridge.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 1, 2007, 09:55 AM
    OK girls... here's our chance.

I will definitely elaborate on this one, but unfortunately not today. My grandson is coming soon and I plan on a nice long visit.

But this is a thread that I do no plan to let out of my sight.

C.U. later..

serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Sep 1, 2007, 12:38 PM
    If people break up when they are not mature enough to love others, they would not come back to the start point. Even they understand many things later, they would meet much better person with a much better self.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 02:46 PM
    So, are you saying they will meet a much better person... If what?

I don't follow.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 2, 2007, 05:42 AM
    I think she is aying she would find someone better when she feels better about herself. Yet some girls teke time to realise what they gave up is exxtly what they wanted yet they were to immature at the timeto handle it. Could work both ways
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 07:04 AM
    But I guess what I wonder is how do women compartmentalize-when stilll in love with another guy -? To what end? To what purpose?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 01:23 PM
    A break up has some intense feelings, and sometimes we may not be over a person, but get someone else to help with those feelings, a crutch so to speak, and over time it goes no where, because we haven't dealt with the real feelings, in the first place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage girls dating losers [ 20 Answers ]

I have heard from many parents that many teenage girls go through a phase where they get involved with boys who are losers and troublemakers. I'm worried that this will happen with my daughters. Do any other parents have any experience with this phase and advice other than not allowing dating...

Rebound? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently started dating a women for the last month and a half. This is her first lesbian relationship. And my second. I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship at the end of November of 2005. My ex screwed me over by lying and stringing me along, and many other things. I can...

Girls - Define "dating" . [ 2 Answers ]

I need to define a few terms - if you are dating someone, and you aren't exclusive and see other people, yet have sex with them, at what point does 'dating' equal 'promiscuous' ? Where do you draw the line?

Rebound [ 28 Answers ]

We all know that after a relationship, people tend to go on the "rebound"... finding someone to just pass some of the time along and get it out of the system... My question is... is it possible for someone who broke up with you to go on Rebound??

View more questions Search