Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjosie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Window Companies
    We received a phone call from a window company, saying that we were one of fifty people being put in for a drawing for free windows, also they would come out and give us a free estimate... at no cost... that we could have for later use or use with another company. I won't mention the name since don't know if that is allowed, but wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen and then when they come... be pressured to buy? Naturally we are in no financial shape and our credit sucks... so there is no temptation to sucumb to any pressure... but eventually we will need windows... since this is one old house! Just wondering if the company is reputable and the windows are good. I don't know how this works... if you would have to e-mail me with good or bad names? Guess if so you can put Re: windows... so I will know to open or not. I know we paid a lot for a window in our kitchen from a well known company... many years ago... and it sucks! Don't want to make the same mistake. So any advice will be welcome.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Yes when they come out you will get a super pressure sales person, making you an offer good only then and more. Of course it is a lie, you are not in a drawing for free windows, or if you are it is one free window if you buy 2 or something like that.

I would say call normal construction companies, get bids, you will find them normally a lot cheaper.

Even check with places like Home Depo who have contractors who can do the work.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 1, 2007, 06:39 AM
    I agree with chuck, there are a lot of companys that use this and other tactics to drum up work,
    Our company charges between $225 and $250 per window and that is installed, and the exterior wraped in metal.
    My advise would be to call a construction company as well.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Where are their corporate offices, if any. Be apprehensive. Get additoinal quotes.

If they have references, contact them. All of them.

If they don't have any references, well... I think you know what to do in that case.

And run their name by the Better Business Bureau. BBB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical companies [ 7 Answers ]

Respected Sir/Madam I like to get the information of kolkata based electrical companies with their contact address,telephone no. & web-site address. This is related to the campus placement of NETAJI SHUBHASH ENGINEERING COLLEGE for electrical engineering department students. Thanks...

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Ratios for companies? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find liquidity ratios, profability ratios, and solvency ratios for different companies for the years 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006. Does anyone know of a website that I can go to to get that kind of informaton?

View more questions Search