Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razia210 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Safety in locker rooms
    About 3 weeks ago I was at the gym and I put my stuff in my locker and put a lock on it.
    After 2 hours when I came back my lock was broken into and my purse was gone.I had
    Everythnig inthat purse it was a horrible experience.How can people be so ugly and mean.
    So what I would like to know is what does everyone else do when they go to the gym where do you put your stuff.your car key andwallet and cell and sunglasses.My husband
    Had the nerve to say I made myself a easy target what the hell is wrong with him.I had locked my locker. And I didn't walk into the gym wearing expensive jewelry.Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.Thanks
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 06:19 PM
    What I typically do is lock my purse in my car. Under the front passenger seat in my car is a box built into the bottom of the seat. I store everything important in there and only bring in my gym bag to the gym.

I used to bring my handbag in to th gym but there was a rash of robberies at gyms in my area and I just decided I'd rather be too cautious then lose my handbag.

I disagree with your husband I don't think you made yourself an easy target. Lots of women bring their handbags and everything in with them to the gym. I don't think it's a place where most of us think we are vulnerable. Especially since we lock our lockers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Yes, we had thefts from gyms and gym locker rooms on a regular basis as a police officer, they would go in and pop he cheaper locks in no time and used cutters on a lot of them.

But yes, first don't carry anything on a gym trip if you don't have to, lock them in the trunk of your car if possible. And we had a lot of bags just picked up from inside the gym, with that they are busy working out, and people walk by and just pick up bags as they go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Unit cooling some rooms, not others. [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first time posting here, and I have yet to see any other board with this particular type of problem on it, but there could be... Anyway, I rent about a 30 year old trailer/mobile home with central heat and air... since it has started getting extremely warm/hot already this year, I've...

Renting the Rooms in Apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please let me know about what all are the responsibilities of landlod while renting the rooms in a town house to the professional people. :confused: Regards Sumit

Does a locker slam? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: does a locker slam when there is none around to here it

Outlets for daughters rooms [ 1 Answers ]

It seem my daughters are always tripping breakers with their hair blow dryers, curling iron and hair straiter. Well we are remodeling and would like to make sure we wire on this does not happen. I have 4 girls plus my wife, a lot of time dealing with their hair. Seem to happen in their bedrooms...

Two Kids rooms [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 13 year-old boy from a previous marriage and a newborn on the way. My boy is only with me 5 days out of every two weeks because that's the schedule he wanted. Well the extra bedroom at my house which is a little bit bigger than his now, with a larger closet, my wife and I use the room as...

View more questions Search