Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aero1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Quitclaim and durable power
    We purchase a distress property 2 years ago in Oregon.
    We received a quitclaim deed and as a backup a durable power of attorney.
    After 2 years of repairs etc, we found a buyer.
    Title company issued a prelim with the usual pay off first etc. Nothing unusal.

After signing by both parties and before recording, they've decide.
    1: they want the original owner to sign Bargain and sales Deed. ( can't even locate the original owner). We've tried skip trace, etc. No death certificate either. It was a woman that owned it.
    2: We can't use the durable power of attorney, only reason give is it wasn't recorded. Even thought he original signatures are in place and it is non-revocable.
    3: The quitclaim has a covered a lot of area, including one in the body in lieu of foreclosure, (this was an error) along with 14 other reasons for transfer rights. The rest apparently is OK.
    They won't issue title insurance. Nor will they let us sign under the power of attorney.

Funds are in escrow, everything is signed, except for finding the original owner, which may not ever happen.

How do we get this transaction closed?
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 2, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Did you have Title Insurance when you bought the property? Contact the Title company to get things straightened out.

If no Title Insurance, you should contact a Lawyer who specializes in Real estate and get a Quiet Title Action going. It could take months, but it may be the only solution seller and buyer will agree to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Durable Power of Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

I live in VA. My uncle and I both have Durable POA for my grandmother. It says that we can respresent her independently. He has been financially exploiting her and allowing his daughter to do the same. His daughter took grandmom to an attorney today and was told "both people need to let the other...

Quitclaim deed [ 5 Answers ]

We sold a house and the buyer is in foreclosure with his mortgage. There was an error on the books (house number wrong). The address is correct on our settlement papers. Lawyers call us and say that we need to sign a quitclaim deed since we have no interest in the house and because of the error,...

Quitclaim Deed [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was married, and now would like to quitclaim half of my property to my new wife. I know, why would I ever do that! Well, because she will be quitclaiming half of her property to me! They are both condominiums, and we thought we could accomplish this without an attorney, as it seems...

QuitClaim deeds [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do after a quitclaim deed on a single family has been signed and notorized?

Quitclaim troubles [ 1 Answers ]

I need answers to a battle concerning my house... ok... one thing I need to know is whether a person who bought a house (me) quitclaim to oneself (me) plus another person(ex fiancee)? In other words is this hopefully not a valid quitclaim since it is from myself to myself? I am in law case with...

View more questions Search