Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boz989 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Giving proper 30 day notice
    How do I give proper notice to a month to month tenant to vacate an apt in buffalo ny?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Give them one full rental period notice. So if you want them out but 9/30, tell them today or tmmw. Hand them a letter saying:

Please be informed that I am terminating our leasing agreement effective 9/30. Please make arrangement to vacate the premises at <insert address> by that date.

Send it certified and hand them a copy, if practical.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sublettee Giving Notice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a sublet-tee who agreed to a 40 day notice on moving out. She also agreed to stay more than just the summer (I live at the beach in California). She moved in at the beginning of May. Now she is trying to leave with only 25 days notice. What can I hold her to? Does she need to pay for...

Rent Increase - Proper Notice? NY State [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a landlord in NY State, what is the "proper notice" for notifying my tenant of a rent increase. The off-campus housing department at William Smith Hobart college which is located in Geneva, NY states that this proper notice is a minimum of 3 days prior to the end of the month. Thanks...

30 day notice? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in San Diego, California and I was initially on a lease, which expired over year ago so I am now month to month. The lease stipulates that if the lease expires without renewal the terms of the lease still apply in the month to month situation. The lease also stipulates that the tenant shall...

View more questions Search