Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kinekon18 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2005, 02:54 AM
    Anticipated
    I gather you guys will want to know a bit more about me since I'm new here - here's what I just PM'd to another user, thought I'd share.

Hi - I'm using monobenzone 50% diluted to about 20% with my own water + lotion mix, I did add oil for a while (baby oil, not cooking) but it was too greasy, I love how the lotion and water dissolve the mono into my skin.
    Monobenzone is a prescription depigger given to people who have sever vitiligo, once depigmented I hope to have the appearance of albino skin - only I won't have the white hair and light eyes/limited vision - just pure white skin.

Although I did have a little accident with mixing mono powder and although that depigged me in places it also damaged my skin - the mono 50% I have is currently too strong for me to use it straight so I have to use diluted until my skin has become more accustomed to it.

Going the mono route is very sever and drastic, I wouldn't recommend it for most as it's hard enough trying to obtain (I had to buy over 2000 units of monobenzone 50% and have it shipped to me by crate over here to the UK)

And then you'll have to deal with vit for a while... I'm lucky being light skinned already so my skin is lightening gradually with my mix, I hope in time when I'm able to use it strong my skin will be so light by then that I won't see the comparison so much.
    kkasey1982 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2005, 03:39 PM
    Did you have vitiligo before you used it?

Sep 6, 2005, 11:38 PM
    I don't have vitiligo now, my skin is just lightening gradually because I'm not using it full strength.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Sep 7, 2005, 07:52 AM
    Hi there!So, how many shades did you lighten with your solution? How long did you use it?

Sep 7, 2005, 11:34 PM
    diluted
    hi,
    because I have mono 50% it was too strong for my skin so I couldn't use it straight = it burned like hell when I tried and I had to wash it off!. lol
    thereafter I decided to dilute it with lotion and water, within a week my skin was experiencing changes - so yes, those were happy days.

I've been chatting to someone who uses monobenzone 20% (she does suffer with vitiligo and also has sensitive skin like myself) she told me with time it started to dry out her skin. She wanted to mix her cream but because she only had 20% she wanted to get her doctor to switch her prescribed strength to 40 so she could dilute it without rendering it too weak.

she was going to mix it with almond oil, I did my own take on it - not with almond oil but with vitamin c serum and baby oil, the mix wasn't as effective as the water and lotion so now I've switched back to my original blend (the oil mix, despite from not lightening me as much also left me with a greasy residue - which I hated).

am back on track with the water and lotion mix.
    the water and lotion mix made me lighten a shade within the first week of use, the oil mix had my skin looking brighter, but the lightening was nowhere near as dramatic as the previous mix.
    to date I'd say I've lightened around 4 shades/hues - my husband is white so I gage my complexion against his.

a while back due to all the samples I got, I decided (foolishly) to mix my raw monobenzone powder in the same way (= water and lotion) but because the crystals weren't ground up, I ended up with a layer of them over my skin - within a couple of days I suffered with extreme dry skin and although I had some depigged patches I couldn't continue with treatment, had to wait nearly 2wks before my skin was back to normal << I wouldn't wish that on anyone, my skin was so sore it cracked and bled :eek:

however (lol) when I compared the depigged places with my others skintone mine looked a creamy white rosey hue - not drastic at all like MJ, in fact - I've been researching for quite a while and people seldom look as extreme.

those sure were happy days (despite the pain) but my happiness was short lived as the depigmentated areas was superficial and so it repigmented quite quickly.
    most people make the mistake of thinking once they look like they've depigmented they can stop using the cream, in fact you need to keep using the cream until all pigment has been eradicated, you can test this by using a woods lamp. That's why when people say it could take years to depigment they're not wrong. Although the misconception is to think that you'll have to go years with vitiligo looking skin = not true, you just have to be careful with sun exposure (infact - try to avoid it at all costs) and keep up the monobenzone or benoquin applications, the skin depigments superficially pretty quickly (but you'd need to use a strength of 40% mono or over)

when people say mono damages your skin - I know all to well what they're talking about, but that comes from ignorance as when you use it right you need not suffer the discomfort I did (= dilute it down then over time build up its strength till you can use it without alterations).

that's all folks :cool:

Sep 9, 2005, 03:17 AM
    Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinekon18
    hi,
    because i have mono 50% it was too strong for my skin so i couldn't use it straight = it burned like hell when i tried and i had to wash it off! ... lol
    thereafter i decided to dilute it with lotion and water, within a week my skin was experiencing changes - so yes, those were happy days.

i've been chatting to someone who uses monobenzone 20% (she does suffer with vitiligo and also has sensitive skin like myself) she told me with time it started to dry out her skin. she wanted to mix her cream but because she only had 20% she wanted to get her doctor to switch her prescribed strength to 40 so she could dilute it without rendering it too weak.

she was going to mix it with almond oil, i did my own take on it - not with almond oil but with vitamin c serum and baby oil, the mix wasn't as effective as the water and lotion so now i've switched back to my original blend (the oil mix, despite from not lightening me as much also left me with a greasy residue - which i hated).

am back on track with the water and lotion mix.
    the water and lotion mix made me lighten a shade within the first week of use, the oil mix had my skin looking brighter, but the lightening was nowhere near as dramatic as the previous mix.
    to date i'd say i've lightened around 4 shades/hues - my husband is white so i gage my complexion against his.

a while back due to all the samples i got, i decided (foolishly) to mix my raw monobenzone powder in the same way (= water and lotion) but because the crystals weren't ground up, i ended up with a layer of them over my skin - within a couple of days i suffered with extreme dry skin and although i had some depigged patches i couldn't continue with treatment, had to wait nearly 2wks before my skin was back to normal << i wouldn't wish that on anyone, my skin was so sore it cracked and bled :eek:

however (lol) when i compared the depigged places with my others skintone mine looked a creamy white rosey hue - not drastic at all like MJ, infact - i've been researching for quite a while and people seldom look as extreme.

those sure were happy days (despite the pain) but my happiness was short lived as the depigmentated areas was superficial and so it repigmented quite quickly.
    most people make the mistake of thinking once they look like they've depigmented they can stop using the cream, infact you need to keep using the cream until all pigment has been eradicated, you can test this by using a woods lamp. that's why when people say it could take years to depigment they're not wrong. although the misconception is to think that you'll have to go years with vitiligo looking skin = not true, you just have to be careful with sun exposure (infact - try to avoid it at all costs) and keep up the monobenzone or benoquin applications, the skin depigments superficially pretty quickly (but you'd need to use a strength of 40% mono or over)

when people say mono damages your skin - i know all to well what they're talking about, but that comes from ignorance as when you use it right you need not suffer the discomfort i did (= dilute it down then over time build up its strength till you can use it without alterations).

that's all folks :cool:
    4 shades? Wow! FOr how long did you use it? Where did you get your monobenzone? Like how many parts lotion did you use with it? I am just so interested. I think that would be wonderful for my freckles

Sep 9, 2005, 04:26 AM
    no no no no no...
    sorry, this cream isn't good for freckles, in fact it's not for the treatment of any skin blemish, it will depigment your skin and if you use it straight even if you applied it only to one part of your body (=feet) you could end up depigging in others (=forehead).

this cream is for depigmenting your whole skin, you cannot be selective when using it.
    my mix is this:

500ml lotion bottle (empty)
    1 4th = monobenzone 50%
    filled to halfway (= another 1 part or 1 4th) hot water
    shake it (blend) up good

then slowly add lotion (until you reach the top or 2 4ths lotion)
    keep shaking it up (or blending between) as you go.

plus, I like to wait for the water and mono mix to cool before adding the lotion.
    or in terms of percentage it's:
    25% mono
    25% water
    50% lotion

any cheap vitamin e lotion will do, I use lotion and not cream because I like the way lotions absorb into your skin.
    adding the water to the monobenzone cream your rendering it to a runny consistency, adding the lotion gives it back some body.

I've only just switched back to my lotion mix after using the oil one so I haven't been using it consistently for a set amount of time, the oil-mix slowed things down and prior to that I used my water mix for a short period before hearing from greta that it dries the skin allot - she told me to add the oil...
    anyway - am back on track with the water mix so hopefully I'll continue to lighten and won't develop any depig patches at all = I'll lighten till I'm depigmented (fingers crossed)

it's not easy to obtain, but if your persistent and serious about spending the money then you or any other people interested in using mono will find a way, it took me months to get mine, that included the searching and negotiating...

I'm not here to sell my cream, just to tell people how I'm getting on, I found it frustrating that people who are depigmenting (without having vit) wouldn't openly come out and help others on the same road, I'm here to change that ;)

Sep 9, 2005, 04:39 AM
    Thank you, kinekon18
    Thank you for that information. I will try to get some monobenzone soon. I guess the thing to do here to remove my freckles as well is to depigment my entire body. Will try that benzone lotion you suggested. Again, thanks!! Will tell you of my progress here when I get to purchase it
    Platinum Kellie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 08:33 PM
    Hey there - I'm new to this forum. I'm also interested in anyone's experiences with monobenzone. I'm 70% albino. I'm lucky in the fact I do have some pigment (I have green eyes) and my hair is platinum blonde.

The downfall for me is that I do still have some pigment in my skin, that is not evenly spread - I have leopard patches on my legs & arms, but am even tones everywhere else. I do actually have some pigment on my back, but it's very light.

For most of my life, the patches were really light & self tanner camoflauged it. But for some reason this summer, newer patches showed up on my arms & lower extremeties of my legs & it's driving me nuts!

I met with my dermatologist & he thinks monobenzone is a good solution for me because I don't much pigment on my skin other than these stupid patches, so I might as well get rid of them.

Anyone have any experiences with monobenzone to share? I just started using hydroquinone to see what that will do for me, but I think I want to go the aggressive route & just eradicate pigment all together.

Kinekon, that sucks that your pigment actually came back! Do you think I can apply to to just my tan patches and no where else? Or do you have to apply it all over your body? My case is a little special being I have the opposite condition of someone with vitaligo.
    simplelion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2005, 04:16 AM
    Dear Kinekon
    Greetings!
    First time out here or any forum
    Dear Kinekon all best wishes to you and if you would kindly guide me in the right direction.I am a middle eastern male and have lost a lot of my original sweet medium fair brown color to the ravaging sun.
    May I please ask you ;- Can one use monobenzone 20-40% gradual to whiten a normal brown skintone to white tone? Is this possible safely following your water + lotion + Benzone?
    Or does it work for you only due to your previous vitiligo condition?
    If you would direct me as how to whiten ones brown skin ton to a better whiter shade using monobenzone I shall be so deeply obliged.
    I have tried most of them and glutathione is BS. Pills are BS , most known brands are also BS. None of them work really and make people waste their money.
    Do you know anyone who has safely progressed from brown tan to white tone using benzone safely and if so m how was this done or achieved please
    Wishing you best and healthy skin
    Regards
    simplelion
    membah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 07:47 PM
    I do not think Kinekon posts here anymore. I have tried to contact her numerous times because I need her advice. I have started using monobenzone cream 20%. Monobenzone is no "skin lightener"... its a melanin destroyer. For people with vitiligo it destroys their melanin, leaving them with pure white skin. I don't think its permanent, because if you stop using the cream repigmentation is possible. I would REALLY REALLY like it if Kinekon could post here again because I need to talk to her. She is the only person I have found on the internet who is using monobenzone to lighten their skin. If anyone knows how I can email her please let me know thanks!

Dec 2, 2005, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by membah
    i do not think Kinekon posts here anymore. I have tried to contact her numerous times because i need her advice. i have started using monobenzone cream 20%. monobenzone is no "skin lightener"....its a melanin destroyer. for people with vitiligo it destroys their melanin, leaving them with pure white skin. i dont think its permanent, because if you stop using the cream repigmentation is possible. i would REALLY REALLY like it if Kinekon could post here again because i need to talk to her. she is the only person i have found on the internet who is using monobenzone to lighten their skin. if anyone knows how i can email her please lemme know thanks!
    I have contacted her in hotmail. Email her there.I was interested in monobenzone but I figured that since I only want to lighten a few shades, it wouldn't be necessary. Besides, it is quite pricey & difficult to order so I didn't push through. But I think Kinekon18 knows more about that & I know she is very passionate about it & believes in the product. I also do. :)
    jade527 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 09:00 AM
    Mixing monobenzone 40%
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have extensive vitiligo and have recently started using benoquin 20% cream. Im almost running out and this first tube which I bought from my pharmacy cost me $75. I ordered monobenzone 40% from depig.com, and I was planning to dilute this with some kind of moisturizer cause I want to do my whole body at the same time. With the pure form of the medication, I find this difficult, not to mention, expensive. Now after reading some of your posts, I was wondering if it has to be in a "powder" form or can I use the product in the cream form in which it comes. I used monobenzone 20% several years ago (mixed by a pharmacist, not the ICN brand product) and I mixed it with almond glow oil. It was messy and it burned like hell. It did work but I stopped treatment since I was becoming pregnant. Now I decided to start again and not stop until I reach total depigmentation. I would greatly appreciate any response, and love to share experiences in the process.
    aptkp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Have a look at rootsherbal.com - Special herbal treatments for skin, hair & aromatherapy
    They have treatment for white skin patches, vitiligo among many other things like stretch marks, dark circles etc and they have a very good eBay feedback. Worth a look.
    pkennedy1990 Posts: 22, Reputation: -1

Jul 2, 2007, 09:27 AM
    I know it's drastic - it's the last resort. I'm OK with that. That's what it's come to!! Desperate times and desperately f***ed up lives call for desperate measures!

NO ONE has any right to, or should be trying to, tell someone else what's "too drastic" or in any other way, shape, or form try to make that decision for someone else.

It's like telling someone else whether she should have an abortion.

My body, my life, my decision!
    harmony8 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Hi does anyone know where to buy authentic raw monobenzone ?

I've seen some companies in China trying to sell it. But I don't know if they are reliable.

Can one get raw monobenzone from an US chemical supplier?
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Jul 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Did this person die from using Monobenzone? I always hear someone praise Monobenzone to death for the first few days or weeks, then they disappear. This person said they used Monobenzone since 2005, so after 2 years where are they now? Fishy fishy!
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Jul 31, 2007, 07:05 PM
    well first... monobenzene is systemic... for the first few months it will seem to lighten well and rather evenly... but soon it will start to spot and depigment areas randomly... like your back may depig before your face... even if you're putting it on your face... since you are already light you 'll be okay... but I would like to warn dark skinned people that monobenzene might not be the answer for you... when you lihten dark skin the darker your skin, the chalkier and more unnatural/ michael jackson your skin becomes raher than light and bright or pinkish... because darker skin tends to be thicker than lighter skin... be careful... also many people tend to become immune or resistant to monobenzene after sometime where it stops depigmenting dark spots that reappear on the body... so to all... use with care... or search for an alternative...
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Jul 31, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony8
    Hi does anyone know where to buy authentic raw monobenzone ?

I've seen some companies in China trying to sell it. But I don't know if they are reliable.

Can one get raw monobenzone from an US chemical supplier?
    Be careful of chinese sellers... there are few trade regulations and product safety or screening... they could be sending you anything from baby powder... to toxins... to nothing at all and just keeping your money... I would suggest doing research on established foreign trade forums... I'm not sure how good it is but check out alibaba.com... they may offer some protection for purchases...
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Aug 2, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaroline
    Did this person die from using Monobenzone? I always hear someone praise Monobenzone to death for the first few days or weeks, then they disappear. This person said they used Monobenzone since 2005, so after 2 years where are they now? Fishy fishy!
    Nothing fishy about it.:rolleyes:

The original poster was pretty much fed up with
    An ignorant owner/moderator and her members of
    Another skin lightening forum who could not take
    The fact that she was very informed and well versed
    When it came to this momobenzone.

She knew this product inside and out!
    You asked her question she had an answer.
    She was the one to go to when in need of
    Questions since she has had the most success with the product.

Others could not step back and humble themselves
    And realize they did not have all the answers.

She did have her own mono yahoogroup (which is gone now)
    But as I said she got fed up with certain people, posted
    A long good-bye and pretty much disappeared.

Last time we e-mailed each other was Wed, 07 Sep 2005.
    Almost 2 years ago. I'm sure she's alive and still having success
    With her skin care. I PM'd her from here but she did not answer.

She's out of here! Lol
    I don't think she is coming back.
    And I can't say I blame her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search