Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlc31 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Pregnancy? Are there really symptoms before missed period?
    My husband and I have two children, we've been married 12 years and both were planned. I have always wondered if people really had symptoms before they had even missed a period. However I have had really sore and swollen breasts for a week now and my period is not due until 9 more days. I have never had this happen before. We are not trying to have another, but have been pulling out instead of BC. I have also felt very blah lately, could I be pregnant? :eek: I took a test just for the heck of it, but being so far from my period it came back negative. Has anyone else expirenced this?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Yes, it's definitely possible. You could have ovulated early in your cycle, therefore causing implantation to happen earlier which would cause hcg to build up a little sooner. Check out this website: Symptoms and Issues of Pregnancy The first sentence made me think of your situation. Wait and see if you miss your period and then take another HPT if you do. Just remember, it could be PMS symptoms too... even though you've never experienced this before, every period is different. Good luck!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 31, 2007, 07:15 AM
    It happens, but I think most women don't notice or look for any other symptoms until their period is late.
    I had breast tenderness and extreme emotions... then I missed my period... then I KNEW.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:22 AM
    It can happen. I found out a week before my missed period this time around, simply because I had such exrteme fatigue, & headaches. I took a test just to see and it was a clear pos... But we were trying for a child, and I was looking for the symptoms... but most of the time, we don't notice until after the missed period.

Aug 31, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Thanks for the input, I guess we'll see.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
    I had extremely sore and swollen breasts a week before I was suppose to get my period. I knew that every period was different but this was also something I had never experienced before so I began to think that maybe I was pregnant. Sure enough I took a test one day after my missed period and it was positive.

Sep 1, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I hate waiting, my youngest is 8 now and very independent. I would have a lot of adjusting to do with a baby around.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
    I was very irritable, achy in my middle and peeing a lot. By the time I got my dr. appointment and had a sonogram I was only 21/2 weeks along. So it is possible to know almost immediately if you are able to read your own body.
    jhmmr Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
    I never had breast pain with my period so when I had pains before my period I knew I was pregnant/
    destinyrocks Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 16, 2009, 07:26 PM
    I have heard of this happening, I myself have tender breast,
    But it is too early to take a test, I have also noticed moodiness that I have been exerting.
    I hope I am, I have been trying for 4 months now.
    Good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 07:37 PM
    2 year old thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Missed period, symptoms and negative resutls [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed my period and have been takeing pregnancy tests because I am experiencing symptoms like sore breasts, cramps and light headachesand etc.. I am also taking glucosane or metformin which was prescribes to me form my doctor 3 months ago. Will this medication affect my testing or what is...

Pregnancy Symptoms, Missed Period, Negative Test Result! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on birth control for about 3 weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I stopped because I kept forgetting my pill and had 2 periods in the month of April. I was going to start again after my period in May so I could get back on schedule. I had intercourse during this time while I was...

Pregnancy symptoms and missed period [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 19 and I'm a little over a week late I recently started feeling really crappy! Like I night I'm getting really nauseated and sweat and I get really dizzy... so I drink some water and try to go back to bed... but then during the day I have terrible headaches, and my breasts hurt so bad!!...

Missed period, pregnancy symptoms, negative test? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I am new here. Just wanted your opinions; my last period started on Mar 16th (at the time I was on POP pill), then on Mar 23th ran out of the pill so stopped taking it. March 30th (day I ovulated oops) I had unprotected sex with my long term boyf but we used withdrawal method (stupid I...

View more questions Search