Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2004, 05:15 PM
    HELP.Can't get rid of toolbar\common.dll
    Used Spybot and AdAware... several times... I get a message that it can't remove these files:

C:\Program Files\toolbar\common.dll
    C:\Program Files\toolbar\PIB.exe
    C:\Program Files\toolbar\TBPS.exe
    C:\Program Files\toolbar\toolbar.dll

How do I get rid of these files?

Also, I have run both Spybot and AdAware several times and it keeps finding a lot of the same stuff and I just keep deleting them... Seems to be finding less items each time, but I have never done this before and am not knowledgeable at all.

Thanks for any help. ;D
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 10, 2004, 12:47 AM
    Software should be the last step of any spyware removal process... not the first! If the removal procedure is done out of sequence, your problems will just return the next time you restart your computer. If you’ve used a spyware removal program in the past, then you’ve likely already experienced this.

Try the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit that is available at the link below. By following this comprehensive 11 page, step-by-step document with screen shots, you will be able to restore your computer to like-new condition.
    kopfgeldjagar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2005, 09:00 PM
    Get rid of toolbar
    Here's how I got rid of Toolbar. Start your computer into safe mode. Run SPYBOT S&D In safe mode, the computer is only using the most basic of processes to function, and doesn't load TBPS which is the process that causes the problem. Spybot should find something like 300 registry entrys of toolbar, but it will get rid of them because they have not started. Once spybot is done with it's scan and removal, restart the computer into normal mode and run spybot again along with Ad-Aware (6.0 if possible). This should take care of the problem.

Kopfgeldjagar
    kopfgeldjagar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2005, 09:01 PM
    Question
    By the way Cremedies... what do you suggest as the first step?? Just curious.

Kopfgeldjagar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toolbar... [ 16 Answers ]

My PC was conquered by spyware and malware... and my toolbar was gone and I can't make it back even installing it again... :confused: I already run a BPS antivir... but saying that some component can't be deleted please restart your PC and run bps again, so I run it again but same, some...

IE toolbar reset [ 1 Answers ]

My IE toolbars reset every time I reboot. Any customizations I've made are lost and I have to do them again. I've fixed this before in the registry, but I can't remember how. Does anyone know how to solve this?

AzeSearch Toolbar [ 15 Answers ]

I discovered the AzeSearch Toolbar on my browser last night. (I blame my husband for it, LOL!) Anyway, I followed some directions online on how to remove it manually, by searching for certain filenames and deleting them in safe mode. I also deleted some registry keys. The toolbar is gone and I...

Toolbar [ 4 Answers ]

Try Start-->Settings-->Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and then click "place volume icon in taskbar"... ~psi42

View more questions Search