Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamwilliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Weight lifting at young age
    Hi, I am 15 years old and am lifting quite heavy weights -i'm talking about 100kg-. Is there any chance that this can stunt my growth? I lift with correct form, however my growth does concern me. I have been lifting for about 20 months now,
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Although every body is different, it can cause major problems when you are older. Your bones are still growing and hardening, the strain could be more than your body can handle long term. Read up on some of the body builders that have had to retire do to injury, and they have professionals monitoring them.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Sep 5, 2007, 09:33 AM
    It's one thing to train your muscles, but you must also be aware of the tendons and ligaments that come into the equation as well.

If you're getting that strong and you actually LIKE it, then you shouldn't stop. But you SHOULD find a qualified professional to consult with.

I don't know what country you're from, but if possible, try to find someone who is certified through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Also, check on their references as well.

Bottom line: As you get stronger, make sure your ENTIRE body is keeping up with the growth.

On a side note, that's one of the dangers with steroids that's often overlooked... the muscles get stronger, but they out pace the tendon's increase in strength and the body ends up tearing itself apart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage at a young age [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Mmm...I need some help with a school homework about marriage. This is a survey I need to do...here are the questions: 1. For you, what is marriage? 2. At what age would you like to get married? Why? 3. What do you think is better for you: living together without any comittment or getting...

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

If a girl has sex in a very young age.. . [ 12 Answers ]

(14)what are the concequences?

Weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is OK to do a full body workout three days a week? Also when is the best time to do a workout I usually do it around 4 or 5 pm.

Starting a business at a young age [ 4 Answers ]

I am starting a computer business and I am only 16, my question is "will people trust me although i am young" will I get any business at all please respond thank you..

View more questions Search