Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Aug 30, 2007, 08:17 AM
    I need more books to read
    I am looking for authors that have the same style/plotlines as John Sandford with his "Prey" and Kidd" novels. I also like James Patterson with "Alex Cross". I do not like Jonathan Kellerman. I find him long winded and boring until the last 100 pages. Please let me know of titles and/or authors. I do enjoy many books that follow the same characters, mystery/thriller, and criminal investigation (especially when involving serial killers). I am not into fantasy or sci-fi. Harry Potter was as far into fantasy as I was willing to go. So based on these guidelines, or if you read a book that was outstanding and you think everyone should read it, please give me your recommendations. Thank you.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 30, 2007, 08:34 AM
    You may be interested in Jeff Lindsay's Dexter series.

Amazon.com: Dexter in the Dark: A Novel: Books: Jeff Lindsay

You should also probably check, Amazon's "similar book list" here:

Amazon.com: Invisible Prey: Books: John Sandford
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
    My all-time favorite: Even though he fits into the SciFi genre (which I hate), I thoroughly enjoyed Piers Anthony's The Incarnations of Immortality series. The general theme is that a human is chosen (often against his or her will) to become a god, such a Death, Time, Mother Earth, etc. These newly-chosen gods then interact with the established gods and with humans. The first one is the best of the series: On a Pale Horse (about how Death is chosen and all his mistakes as he learns the "job"). If you read it and hate it, don't bother with any of the others.

This spring I moved from Grisham-Patterson-Kellerman-Sandford to books by Anita Shreve (Fortune's Rocks is the best) and all of Jodi Picoult's titles.

Janet Evanovich writes a very funny mystery-detective series about Stephanie Plum. I think #13 is out now. Start with the first book though to meet Lula, Ranger, and Morelli.

Your local public has reference books on genres -- which authors write like other authors and which books have themes similar to other books.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old books [ 5 Answers ]

I have a few old books (100+yrs). Does anyone know any online valuers? Or somewhere for a rough estimate? I'm wondering if they're worth taking to a valuers or am I going to look silly? thanks moomin ;)

E books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Please tell me which is the best site for finding any ebooks?

Name of these two books [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sure these are children's books, at most teen books. The first book goes like this: Girl lives with her brother and her grandparents(I think) near a little town. The main character is a girl. She has a gift to talk to animals, and her brother has a gift that is unknown. She is a...

Read any good books lately? [ 29 Answers ]

I'm always looking for something new and interesting to read! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Online Books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Could any one please give me the free online books for c programming

View more questions Search