Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boppudi_prahaas Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Freezing of blood
    :) why doesn't the blood of the people living in polar reigon freeze? :rolleyes:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Boppudi, are you just overly curious today or do you need some homework help?
    frany66 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by boppudi_prahaas
    :) why does'nt the blood of the people living in polar reigon freeze? :rolleyes:
    Because living things have an internal body temperature that keeps them warm. Therefore their bodies don't get cold enough to allow the blood to freeze.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Frany, I only partly agree with you. Warm blooded creatures have an internal body temperature that keeps them warm.

But cold blooded creatures like lizards don't, they need to lie in the sun at the beginning of the day to warm up and become active. That's why there are no lizards at the poles!
    frany66 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Frany, I only partly agree with you. Warm blooded creatures have an internal body temperature that keeps them warm.

But cold blooded creatures like lizards don't, they need to lie in the sun at the beginning of the day to warm up and become active. That's why there are no lizards at the poles!
    Well yeah but we're only on about animals at the poles, so all the living things there do have an internal body temperature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

I'm Freezing! [ 6 Answers ]

It seems pretty much normal that most women are colder than men, but this is just bad. I am constantly shivering in my own house, while my husband is sweating. I wear sweat shirts and pants ALL the time! My teeth chatter at work... and I wear a jacket in the office! I have been told I need more...

AC freezing up. [ 5 Answers ]

Installed it all and charged it on Sunday. Coil is 2" above furnace, called a guy to braze pipes and check pressure. Said all was fine and good. Air was good and cold but it was clear some ductwork needed to be done so I am planning that, but I got plenty of return air and now I also got an inch...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My computer freezes when I am trying to watch Internet TV or stream video. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Tx

View more questions Search