Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Ha ha... I don't know, I'm a nice guy and get screwed over but when I act like a jerk(say I'll call back and don't.. etc) they keep coming. Any answer lol? Nice guys finish last in my book, or so it seems.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Apr 3, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19

Westy, trust me..Girls will come and they will come in flocks. I have just learned that, I have so many different girls I'm talking to, just playing the field, nothing serious with any of them.
    Don't worry, girls flock... just none that I want. I think I might want them, and then they open their mouth... haha.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Girls DO come in flocks... it's ridiculous.

I haven't had contact from my ex except her e-mail to tell me that her and the new guy are official now... (shocker... ). I simply ignored it.

Rome, as far as your ex telling you something important, I have a feeling it'll be something you won't expect... regardless, I agree with westy saying that she should have rather talked to you first. My ex does the same thing, as she'll say something to one of my mutual friends in hopes that she'll relay the info to me.

Jami: no worries. Guys probably flock more than girls do.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Yea, like hey! I'm pregnant.. Ha ha... I'm not going to over think it, I'm just choosing not to believe it until I hear it from her lips herself. Who knows what I will even say, I will definitely be posting a topic on that if it ever happens ha ha

I do so much to stay out of my ex's life, she does so much to find out about mine.. It's hilarious
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Yep. Isn't that the way it goes when you do NC?

I don't check my ex's fbook... nor do I even ask about her. In fact, I know NOTHING about what my ex is doing... except what my friends tell me... and even then, I tell them I don't want to know, I don't care.

My ex (in her e-mail to me) told me that she's been checking up on me... and have confessed that she wished I updated my fbook more often so she can see what I'm doing... she also confesses that she's been asking my friends how I'm doing and such. I guess she told me all this to make me see that she still cares... but in the end, I think she went off the grid.
    debbie1984 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 02:06 PM
    My boyfriend dumped me after 2 1/2 yrs because he needed space?? Blocked me on fbook etc. I'm now on day 49 with no contact from him and I haven't contacted him. I'm proud of myself because I thought I couldn't cope shows I have. Just wish I had more answers to why he wanted to break up I know there was no one else , and on that morning he paid of all our holidays why waste the money. Just hope one day he will wake up an realise what he has lost, because I'm stronger than ever now!
    len21 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2008, 02:48 PM
    It really is so encouraging to see people moving on, it gives me hope that things will get better. I have been doing N/C for almost 3 weeks it is not getting any easier and I am constantly thinking about txting him but somehow I haven't and because of that I feel so much better about myself.

Ps guys definitley come in flocks, sometimes scaryily so! Haha oh the joys of being single again!
    Nicole0425 Posts: 0, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2008, 09:20 PM
    I really don't want to think about guys in flocks. I really feel like I need to just focus on me. But it's hard.. But today wasn't terrible. No tears today..

It's more like a dull ache. And honestly.. this might sound terrible, but one of the things I miss most is the sex?

Is it weird to worry you'll never meet anyone else with the same sexual style/voracity/etc/ as you? I don't know. I just miss the physical closeness.

And having someone to talk to at the end of the evening. But, Day 1 of Official NC is over and done successful. Good night all!
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0425
    It's more like a dull ache. And honestly.. this might sound terrible, but one of the things I miss most is the sex?

Is it weird to worry you'll never meet anyone else with the same sexual style/voracity/etc/ as you? I don't know. I just miss the physical closeness.
    Actually, I thought this as well... but I found out that I was wrong. Yes, the physical closeness... will be missed. But the sexual style/voracity/appetite/just overall craziness in bed... there are a LOT of people out there. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0425
    And having someone to talk to at the end of the evening.
    I feel you, but after some time, at the end of the day, you're glad you have time to just sit back, turn on the tv/read a book/watch a movie, and relax...
    jpm247 Posts: 88, Reputation: 18

Apr 4, 2008, 01:48 AM
    Just keep going everyone, we are doing well. Sneeze/Rome/West, I've been reading all your posts the last few weeks, and I'm glad you guys are turning the corner. Its defiantely spurring me on.

I don't really have much interest in other girls at the moment, its only day 29 of NC (2nd time around - but it won't be broken this time, by me at least). Just need some me time I think. Im back hitting the gym, and am looking forward to the good times again!

Keep posting!
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Yea, the 3 amigos(me, Sneeze, West) were all the same, we did not think we would be able to survive, we missed our ex's too much. And now here we are, turning pages and giving other people that are in the same position as we were 3 months ago, a positive outlook on things. We still have our days when our ex's pop into our head, but if they are like me, it's less frequent and don't really have that dagger to the heart feeling anymore?

Keep up with the NC it truly is a great tool to heal yourself.

Apr 4, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Day 2. Complete. All was well, until I was alone at night..

I was putting all of "our" things - letter, pictures, all that stuff away. And then I went through old Facebook posts and deleted them.

But it hurt me so much. Because, we were so in love. So very much in love.. crazy about each other. And now, I'm crying again, but at least I got it all packed up. I just don't understand how we let it fall apart.

And I'm really tired of people telling me I shouldn't be so sad because I'll find someone better, I'm so young, blah blah... I KNOW all this. But that doesn't make it hurt any less and it doesn't mean that it wasn't special to me.

I loved him (still do, despite trying) with all of my heart. And it's so very broken that I wish I could fast-forward a few months. I don't want to love him anymore. I can't deal with this heartache. I can't. It hurts to breathe sometimes. I just miss him.. I say that without hope, without agenda.. I just miss him.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Apr 4, 2008, 08:25 PM
    I know how you feel Nicole, actually we all do. Losing someone you love is never an easy thing, in fact it is one of the hardest aspects of life. I know it's cliché but things will get better with time. Right now allow yourself to cry and be angry. You've been through a lot so there is no shame.

I know it hurts and all you want to do is wake up and find out that it was all a bad dream. Unfortunately this is life and at times it can be very rough. Trust me, with time things will become easier for you. This was his decision and he will have to live with it. You on the other hand will learn a great deal from this experience and you'll soon realize that the person worth crying over will never make you shed a tear.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Nicole writes: " I don't want to love him anymore."
    Hope things get better for you, and they will; you reminded me of a song I enjoy:
    Don't Want To Love You Anymore Delbert McClinton
    jpm247 Posts: 88, Reputation: 18

Apr 5, 2008, 03:07 AM
    I remember when my ex first split with me, I could barely eat or sleep for a good week or so. But it does get better. You just have to keep busy, and get your in motion as they say.+
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Apr 5, 2008, 08:04 AM
    We've all been there nicole.. and some of us are there right now.. I'm on day 9 though its kind of 4 really cause she talked to me 4 days ago but I didn't answer.. I wish I didn't love her either but I do and she's changed.. there isn't much we can do about it but focus on ourselves and get better.. I wish she'd come back but at the same time I don't..
    Its easter break and I'm getting to spend a lot of time with friends, when I get back to england its going to be a lot harder.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 09:00 AM
    It's day 4351255151 for me... I think. Haven't kept up with the days... I know it's been about 4 months now...

I ran into my ex last night while I was out with a buddy of mine... she was with her new boyfriend... it wasn't awkward, but she ended up coming to us and saying hi to us... then she left and my entire group looked at each other and thought "...why'd she come up to us...?"

No problems. I will be fine.

Apr 5, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Day 3 - Done..

Still horribly sad. It's been 3 weeks since we broke up. When am I going to stop feeling so terrible? I feel fine when I'm out, doing stuff, whatever.

But the minute I get home.. it's all tears. I just don't know how to do this and I feel like I'm feeling all the wrong things, but I just.. I just don't know.

I hate him for this. I hate him for telling me he loves me, but doesn't think we'd be happy later. I hate him for saying he was confused. I hate him for saying he cared. I hate that he says he still loves me but isn't with me. His love is for s h*t.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 09:38 PM
    God do I know how you feel...

During my breakup, it was winter break... so I had NO friends here as they all went home. It was... ridiculous. During the day, it was fine as I was at work, but the nights... were so awful. I know exactly where you're at... hang in there. What I did to pass the nights were to go to the gym around 10pm... and just run or lift weights... for a long time. Then I'd come home, shower, maybe read a little bit, and then pass out. I used to never listen to music, but I started to... and I used to always watch movies, but I stopped. Things kind of changed overall.

Hang in there. Keep your head up. It'll get better soon.
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Apr 6, 2008, 02:41 AM
    I also keep thinking how she could do this to us..
    I think its day 10.. I don't want to count.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

Crystal Reports Calendar [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently trying to build a report that looks just like a calendar. The data I have is stored in a table organized by: Day Month Year Note I am struggling with how to display the notes in a calendar view. I can get it to work in a crosstab view; however, it is just one row...

View more questions Search