Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Feb 13, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    You haven't deleted him from your computer????
    I did, but the bad thing about memory is that you remember the sn...

Well, the feelings have passed for now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 07:45 AM
    They always will. Just a simple exercise that may help. Every time he pops into your head get up and do something. Anything will do from cleaning out a drawer to arranging silverware. This will allow you to learn to change your focus.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Feb 16, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Update:

NC is probably the greatest thing that's ever happened to me... as far as post break-up. Been about a month and a half, I find myself doing better in school, I have a girl in almost every class (never used to flirt back when I was with the ex, damn I'm good lol)

So yeah, if someone just broke your heart, things do get better, you just have to make the effort to meet new people... and if you think you'll never find anyone else again (I thought that, I now laugh at myself) take it from this little chubby guy (thats me! Only 5'8'') confidence is everything, and now that I honestly don't want the ex back, I feel so much better about myself, after thinking about her in a different light, I actually put up with a lot for my ex. Would I do it again? Sure. Would I have done anything differently? Not a chance; I'm a total catch and if she can't see that then its her loss.

Probably the best thing I did was make a new friend that's into the same music as me, (shes really cool, and wise) and we just share happy music and talk about it, I enjoy listening to music. So yeah, try and find someone who has a same interest as you, something you love, it can really put things in perspective.

P.S. its hard to give 5 girls the attention they want, but at least I never find myself texting only one of them. And if you think I'm a bad guy for this, I'm not, I've been totally honest with all of them, saying that I just got out of a relationship a little while ago, and they're all very nice about it.

P.P.S. (I think that's it) I see a lot of posts on here about being 20, 21, 24, etc... and still a virgin, I'm 21, a virgin, I'm proud of it, and girls think its hot. So don't feel bad about it people.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Feb 16, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Well guys its day 2 for me... I'm doing okay lets see HOw fast I can get back on track...
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Feb 16, 2008, 09:05 AM
    I'm not counting the days but it has been roughly a month since breakup and two weeks since no contact. I still miss her a lot and care for her but since our breakup I was able to see her in a different light. She is not the perfect girl that I had once thought she was. I deserve somebody who won't betray my trust and will always love and appreciate me. It took a series of unfortunate events to take place for me to learn that she is not the one for me.

One day she will realize what she had loss and it will be too late for her. I am almost certain that when/if she tries to come back I will tell her that I do not want her back and mean it. I still have my highs and lows but now I feel a hundred times better then I did before. Everyday is better then the last and I am beginning to feel more optimistic about my situation.
    music_freak10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Hey I haven't written anything on this NC Calender because I just found this and this is exactly what I need. Let me tell you a little about my situation. My boyfriend broke up two weeks ago. I have been extremely sick which started a few days after we broke up I was in and out of the hospital so I have been contacting him because of everything. Thursday was the last time I talked to him he seemed distaant and really didn't care so I just decided I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I haven't call him or texted him since Thursday and I feel good.

He called me last night and this morning and I ignored both of the phone calls. I Just am really confused because he obviously wants to move on and not with me. I just stopped kind of randomly just stopped calling and stopped answering his calls.

We were together for 1 year and weren't for a month in that year. We spent a lot of time together and we were in love but we just started fighting nonstop all the time so he decided to leave because of all the fighting.
    I still want to talk to him and see what he's doing. If he keeps calling what should I do?

THANKS!!
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Why do you argue so much?? You would probably be better served by posting a question in 'relationships', if your unsure, and get a lot more feedback. Unless your absolutely sure you want this to be over. In that case you keep doing as you have been.

Feb 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Hello all.

I was doing great this weekend until a mutual friend momentarily brought him up. He thanked her for recommending a band. She told me she had no idea what he was talking about. That idiot--I was the one who listened to them! In fact, I listened to one of their songs all summer when we first started dating because it reminded me of how happy I was to have found him! Then again, memory was never his strong point. Too bad it's mine.

What's more, I surprisingly acted like it didn't bother me because it didn't... until a few hours later when I was by myself and not surrounded by friends. (Talk about delayed reaction.)

As a result, I was pretty much useless last night. I feel like I'm back at square one, where I'm flooded by memories of us and where I keep asking all those questions that I will never receive an answer to, at least honest ones. I'd been doing so well lately, too! I hadn't been as angry or bitter thinking back on it, more as matter of fact and "thank you for the experience. it was nice while it lasted." I had a good attitude about it, and now it's gone. Now I'm back to wondering why he stopped liking me enough, why I wasn't good enough, etc. even though I know the latter (at least... ) is definitely NOT true! (No offense to the ex... )

Maybe I just feel lonely? I hadn't listened to that song in so long. It brought back things I had forgotten.

Sorry for the rant, as per usual. UGH.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:06 AM
    So stop thinking, get up, and do something that changes your focus. You know the drill. One bad day is inevitable, we all get them, it will pass, and you can help it. Its to nice outside to be sad, at least where I am. :) I know not fair! :D
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Hi jiltedgirl: you wrote: "Maybe I just feel lonely? I hadn't listened to that song in so long. It brought back things I had forgotten." Just my opinion, but I think that is the power of music and its ability to bring back memories, and yes those enhanced, selective memories. But look, I am curious about the name of the song; will you share it? Many thanks.

Feb 17, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Hi jiltedgirl: you wrote: "Maybe I just feel lonely? I hadn't listened to that song in so long. It brought back things I had forgotten." Just my opinion, but I think that is the power of music and its ability to bring back memories, and yes those enhanced, selective memories. But look, I am curious about the name of the song; will you share it? Many thanks.
    Sure!

This is one of the few songs that I actually like from the band. I'm not that much of a fan. I usually listen to very mellow, indie (and depressing or so people have told me) music, but because I was happy at this point in my life, I liked this one. I remember I was so hesitant to even date him or even show any type of affection due to my last painful breakup, but he was so patient, understanding, and sweet that he eventually won me over. :) I was just amazed that a guy I really liked could be so crazy about me, too. I never told him I even liked this song, since that would have been embarrassing lol.

I don't mean to seem really sappy/delusional or anything, but I know that this is how he felt about me... at the time of course :rolleyes:

Wow. Thanks, George! I don't know why, but looking up the lyrics for you and writing the above just made me feel a lot better now. It made me realize that I really do thank him for the experience and for helping me take another chance with someone, even if it didn't work out.

I don't know how I'll feel later, but right now at this very moment, I don't have any regrets. :o

--------------------
    BAND: The Fratellis
    SONG: "Whistle For The Choir"

Well it's a big big city and it's always the same
    Can never be too pretty tell me you your name
    Is it out of line if I were simply bold to say "Would you be mine"?

Because I may be a beggar and you maybe the queen
    I know I maybe on a downer am still ready to dream
    Now it's 3 o'clock time it takes for you to talk

So if you're lonely why'd you say your not lonely
    Oh you're a silly girl, I know I hurt it so
    It's just like you to come
    And go you know me no you don't even know me
    Your so sweet to try, oh my, you caught my eye
    A girl like you's just irresistible

Well it's a big big city and the lights are all out
    But it's much as I can do you know to figure you out
    And I must confess, my hearts in broken pieces
    And my heads a mess
    And it's 4 in the morning, and I'm walking along
    Beside the ghost of every drinker here who has ever done wrong
    And it's you, woo hoo
    That's got me going crazy for the things you do

So if your crazy I don't care you amaze me
    Oh you're a stupid girl, oh me, oh my, you talk
    I die, you smile, you laugh, I cry
    And only, a girl like you could be lonely
    And it's a crying shame, if you would think the same
    A boy like me's just irresistible

So if your lonely, why'd you say you're not lonely
    Oh you're a silly girl, I know I hurt it so
    It's just like you to come and go
    And know me, no you don't even know me
    Your so sweet to try oh my, you caught my eye
    A girl like you's just irresistible
    SJB1701E Posts: 164, Reputation: 30

Feb 20, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Week 1 Day 0 Its actually been a few days but she still contacts me after telling me she needed a break. She initiated contact with me today twice. I kept it brief. She still insists it's a break and seemed mad that I was treating it as a break up. Let her be mad. I told her I wasn't keeping any false hopes (even if that's a lie). The irrational part of my brain tells me its only a break. The logical part tells that part to shut up. I don't know. I can keep NC if she will actually take the break she wants to take and stop talking to me.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...tml#post891371

Feb 20, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SJB1701E
    Week 1 Day 0 Its actually been a few days but she still contacts me after telling me she needed a break. She initiated contact with me today twice. I kept it brief. She still insists its a break and seemed mad that I was treating it as a break up. Let her be mad. I told her I wasn't keeping any false hopes (even if thats a lie). The irrational part of my brain tells me its only a break. The logical part tells that part to shut up. I don't know. I can keep NC if she will actually take the break she wants to take and stop talking to me.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...tml#post891371
    Just ignore her, or tell her, "you wanted a break, what is there to talk about?" then that's it.

Feb 22, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Didn't feel like starting a new thread... I haven't cried about my whole situation since... I guess it first happened...

Goodness, what's wrong with me? Maybe I'm just tired, or stressed about all the papers I have to write... but yeah, I guess it all just overflowed on me... man, I really miss her... I just wish I could really understand what she was thinking, and I really don't want to believe that we didn't have something special from her point of view. I don't want to believe that its all the same to her and her new guy. I don't know, its just a damn shame, we got along so well... just when I got absolutely comfortable that she wouldn't ever do this to me... sigh... as bad as it sounds... I hope karma is real, I hope she feels this one day... and at the same time I don't.

Tell me I'm crazy, but I still want her back...
    jpm247 Posts: 88, Reputation: 18

Feb 22, 2008, 03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatewestseneca
    Didn't feel like starting a new thread... i havent cried about my whole situation since... i guess it first happened...

goodness, whats wrong with me? maybe im just tired, or stressed about all the papers i have to write... but yeah, i guess it all just overflowed on me... man, i really miss her... i just wish i could really understand what she was thinking, and i really dont want to believe that we didn't have something special from her point of view. i dont want to believe that its all the same to her and her new guy. I dunno, its just a damn shame, we got along so well... just when i got absolutely comfortable that she wouldn't ever do this to me... sigh... as bad as it sounds... i hope karma is real, i hope she feels this one day... and at the same time i dont.

Tell me im crazy, but i still want her back...
    West my man,

You have been doing really really well. I've been logged onto this site everyday for the last 2 weeks, just reading up on how we are all doing and what stage of this breakup BS we are all in. You are doing great, you've just had a moment when its all caught up with you. You've been so busy, working out, hanging out with new people that you've managed to block it out well. All that's happened is that the emotion you've bottled up has come out.

I cried last Saturday night, thinking of my ex, and how much I miss her. We got along amazingly well, but she broke up with me. She will miss you, you are a catch. But as the advice that you and the others have been giving is keep on the path, you'll have the bad moments, but keep going. I've heard its worth it, so I am going to keep going. I miss her so much, but its time to keep thinking about you, as you have been doing.

You are a salmon in the sea of tuna.

Salmon are rare in this sea, and sometimes a girl won't realise that she had a salmon until she's been or is going out with a tuna.

Keep digging deep, we are all in this together. Keep posting on here too, as it keeps me going over in England!
    SJB1701E Posts: 164, Reputation: 30

Feb 22, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Well I lasted long. A whole whopping 30 odd hours before I caved. I ignored 4 text messeges before I caved. But now I'm at Day 0 still after drunk dialing her last night. I knew I was going to do something stupid before I started drinking. So I drank to give me the excuse to do it and make it easier to convince myself it was the right thing. Well drunk dialing someone and accusing them of cheating at 1am is definitely not the right thing to do. She didn't seem too upset, but not too happy either. If she ever actually was considering still being with me after this 1 month "break" I just gave her a good excuse not to and I hurt myself in the process. If she did cheat on me, I think I deserve her honesty for all I've ever done for her. Its only the first week and I feel like hell. I just want to cry but I can't. I just really miss her. I've gone longer than this without seeing her, but this is the first time I'm not sure that I'll ever see her again.
    jpm247 Posts: 88, Reputation: 18

Feb 22, 2008, 07:11 AM
    SJB -

It will get better. I had to delete my ex's number and all the texts I had from her so I don't contact her when I'm drunk as it doesn't do you any favours.

Your still in the raw emotion stage, so don't beat yourself up for contacting her, just try not to again. I know its not easy, but it will save you from yourself.

I cried last weekend as I missed my ex so much, its only natural. When I last saw my ex on new years eve and I got out of her car with my stuff for the last time, I just totally broke down and didn't know what to do with myself.

So don't feel bad for feeling a bit messed up, just try not to contact her, as when you do you open up the wounds of hurt.

Keep going, everyone on here will help as best they can.

I still think of my ex everyday, and I haven't seen her for 7 weeks, but I know it will get better!

Feb 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm247
    West my man,

You have been doing really really well. I've been logged onto this site everyday for the last 2 weeks, just reading up on how we are all doing and what stage of this breakup BS we are all in. You are doing great, you've just had a moment when its all caught up with you. You've been so busy, working out, hanging out with new people that you've managed to block it out well. all thats happened is that the emotion you've bottled up has come out.

I cried last saturday night, thinking of my ex, and how much i miss her. We got along amazingly well, but she broke up with me. She will miss you, you are a catch. But as the advice that you and the others have been giving is keep on the path, you'll have the bad moments, but keep going. I've heard its worth it, so i am going to keep going. I miss her so much, but its time to keep thinking about you, as you have been doing.

You are a salmon in the sea of tuna.

Salmon are rare in this sea, and sometimes a girl won't realise that she had a salmon until shes been or is going out with a tuna.

Keep digging deep, we are all in this together. Keep posting on here too, as it keeps me going over in England!!
    Thanks... today was a much better day, even after I was done crying I felt better... its weird. They should call it post break-up Bipolar syndrome or something.

Feb 24, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Hey guys,

It's almost been a month now of NC for me. Sadly, I still think of him everyday, but with less frequency and not with strong feelings as before. I've felt good this past week, concentrating on doing well in shool... until I woke up today. I woke up with that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, which I haven't felt in a while.

It's not like he's the first thing on my mind anymore, but today he was. It seems that I'm in an awful rut today. I felt even worse when I saw later how he'll talk to our friends, but doesn't care to check up on me, not that that should matter or anything.

Even though I know it's for the best and that it would never have worked out, the truth is that I still miss him. I miss talking to him. I wish I could see him. I'm reminded of him every time I see a couple walk by holding hands. I can't help think: "That used to be us."

-end-
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
    It's OK! You're doing well! Your goal is 3 months!! Trust me, look back at the end of the second month and look back on your posts. You'll think "did I REALLY say that?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

Crystal Reports Calendar [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently trying to build a report that looks just like a calendar. The data I have is stored in a table organized by: Day Month Year Note I am struggling with how to display the notes in a calendar view. I can get it to work in a crosstab view; however, it is just one row...

View more questions Search