Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toula Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 01:50 AM
    A scared english teacher
    Hey.. I finished high school this year and I register in college of education to become a cycle 2 english teacher the problem is that am afraid that I've made the wrong choice ,I really do love my teachers.. actually I adore them and I adore their job and I think it's the perfect one in helping the society but what if this job doesn't fit me and I can't succeed in it and I don't mean in grades I mean later at schools..
    The second thing that fears me is that when I finished high school I decided to study abroad but since am still 17 I didn't have my parents acceptance to go there alone so do you advice me to continue the masters degree out there alone I mean in the us or in germany does it affect my study positively or it would cause other problems !
    Please if there is any teacher around help me..
    DarrenB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
    What would you say is the biggest fear you have about teaching? Once you name your fear, you'll find ways to alleviate that fear and begin empowering yourself for your future profession.

I would recommend staying connected with your parents as much as possible. They love you and want only the best for you. Communicate clearly with them, especially if you are disagreeing with them.

Hope this helps!

Darren B.
    HelpingTeachersGrow.com
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Jun 3, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Usually teaching schools will allow you to go out into the field to try teaching to see if you are really committed to it. At my college they called it practicum. It was 3 weeks of observing a classroom and doing some of the duties of a teacher. If you got there and realized it wasn't for you then you could easily get out. Ask your advisor about possible field experiences that could give you a better feel for teaching. If they say they don't have any opportunities. Go back to one of your high school teachers (or any teacher at a school in your area) and as them if you can sit in on a class or two. Schools are always willing to accept volunteers at it will give you an idea of whether you really want to teach. Prime opportunity is summer school. Go to your local school and ask if you can be a volunteer for summer school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Teacher [ 7 Answers ]

I will be graduating to be an elementary educator in the Fall of 2008; can any experienced teachers provide me with some tips for first year teachers?:)

I need to WOW my english teacher [ 5 Answers ]

I'm writing a 3 paragraph essay about a short story and I need help. I need to know how to start my essay out good. Can you helP??

What else to do with teacher qualifications? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to know what other careers I'd be suitable and qualified for outside of teaching with a Major in English and Sociology and a teaching degree. I have been teaching elementary school (special ed, gr.5, 6, ESL), and I'd like to know what career would be welcome to a teacher with my...

Teacher needs help [ 7 Answers ]

Have a 10 year old student with the following characteristics: Volitle.. emotionally, not physically Mild to moderately paranoid Dislikes most people, yet is very sweet and clingy to me No social skills Immature Insecure Gets very loud and emotional Repeats phrases... I hate you... you...

View more questions Search