Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Aug 29, 2007, 05:59 PM
    What gifts shall I give to the senior citizen
    My friend's grandma's birthday is coming. Please, any idea about gifts?
    Thank you very much:>
    help me with my homework Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serena6878
    My friend's grandma's birthday is coming. Please, any idea about gifts?
    Thank you very much:>
    Ask them what they like that is what I will do
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
    A gift certificate to her favorite store, maybe to her beauty salon where she gets her hair cut. If you know some of her favorite things, you could put them in a gift basket with balloons.
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Aug 29, 2007, 06:47 PM
    But if doing so, no surprise :(
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Aug 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
    My grandmother has most of the things she needs but I have bought her pretty handkerchiefs because they can be hard to find but she still likes to carry one. I've also bought her pretty cards and bridge sets, pins and earings, chocolates and flowers, decorative objects that suited her taste or that she has admired when we've been out together. I've also, for elderly people (I have several in my life) purchase practical gifts that make things easier for them. For example, I gave one gentleman I was particularly close to a folding cane, as he didn't like to use his usual aluminum one when he was dressed up in a suit. There are gadgets for grabbing objects that are high up, for opening hard-to-open jars, for shuffling cards (this has been a huge hit with a lot of people I've given it to) and more. The OXO brand of kitchen tools was originally designed for easy gripping (bigger handles) and are good for people with difficulty with doing things with their hands.

Another idea is to give gift certificates to Target or the local grociery store, or invite her out for lunch and a matinée movie, your treat.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Flowers.:)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 02:28 PM
    And still, I am a firmbeliever on "COOKING FOR THEM"!:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Letter to Senior Citizen [ 8 Answers ]

I work as a customer service coordinater. A senior citizen wrote a letter to the president that he wants me to address. This is what the letter reads... Dear Sir/Madam, Please be advised that the fees to cash a payroll check are too high. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income. Please consider...

Senior citizen debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, The sheriff delivered something from a law firm to my 75 year old mother. They are trying to get a judgement against her for a debt she owes but can't afford to pay. She has a bank account where her social security and my deceased fathers military and small work pensions, can they take...

Senior Citizen obtaining a mortgage [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I are retired and moving to the states in several months. Being over 60 can we obtain a mortgage at our age? We can pay cash for a property but we would prefer to obtain a mortgage. We don't have credit in the states. We would like to use our cash for other investments. Any help or...

Bankruptcy senior citizen Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

My Fateher died in July and my Mother got sudden onset dementia. She owes thousands in medical and credit card debt. Can she file for banckruptcy in Michigan and keep her home?

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search