Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    argeldeggy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 06:17 AM
    Is BackWeb a virus, spyware, or adware
    I've heard that 90% of computers are infected with
    BackWeb. Does anyone have any information on BackWeb? Is BackWeb a virus, spyware, or adware?
    AudioCourses Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2004, 03:57 AM
    BackWeb
    As far as I am aware BackWeb is a service used to keep an internet connection open to allow for regular updates and downloads, such as a virus defination database.

I think the technology can be used in a variety of placements.

http://www.backweb.com/
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 31, 2004, 08:02 PM
    Backweb is not always related to spyware or adware as sometimes it is okay to leave. I personally have deleted it safely each time it comes up and have noticed no change in my computing experience whatsoever. Probably a coin flip one way or the other but my guess is that it won't cause any harm by deleting it. I would use Giant AntiSpyware software to run a complete scan of your system. A free trial of the software is available by clicking on the link below. This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't make spyware/adware go away! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - A few days ago I accidentally clicked on a popup window while trying to click another link and immediately my computer began spewing ads... I have Microsoft AntiSpyware, Ad-Aware SE, and Spybot on my computer and I have run numerous scans and gotten rid of countless infections, but they keep...

Adware and spyware removers [ 10 Answers ]

What's the best free adware/spyware remover to get that won't mess up my computer? I want one that will not mess up my Internet explorer, antivirus and programs I put on my computer but just get rid of things that are not necessary. I used one several months ago that I think messed things up so I...

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...

Spyware and adware [ 1 Answers ]

It seems I have a shedload of adwware and spyware infections. They keep hijacking my home page and I'm besieged with pop-ups, all of which tell me I have adware and spyware on my PC and offering to clean it off for a price. Obviously I don't trust these pop-ups as they are adware in themselves. ...

View more questions Search