Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    022391girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Socisl security survivorship policy
    [F]:confused: my husband died1986 in Michigan. It was set up with social security that I would receive a survivorship check every month until I died or re-married. It was my check for being the survivor of my husband. 4yrs. Ago it stopped coming for no reason other than my kids would be 16yrs. Of age and I no longer needed it. I live in az since 1988. Az is the state I have to deal with. I'm still a widow and obviously still alive. What do I do/ S.S. REFUSES TO HELP ME AT ALL, Sincerely, BETH KONA
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hello Beth:

You need an attorney.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 06:27 PM
    There are many attorneys, who advertise just for social secuity admin work. But if you had money "SSI" for the kids, that should continue till they are 18, and Also social security unless you are talking about state welfare benefits, but social security is federal and you would still be talking to a federal social secuity office, not a state office.

You talk to state offices for state benefits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monetary Policy [ 5 Answers ]

What US dept formulates and implements and implements monetary policy?

Survivorship of property [ 3 Answers ]

I always wondered. My house is owned jointly by myself and my wife. Were On the deed. To enjoyed a joint tenancy. But if we were both to died. Then what. I have a 25 year old son. I have no will. Would having a Will help? How can I arrange for my son to get ownership

Joint tenancy with survivorship vs will [ 2 Answers ]

If my mother and stepfather each leave to the other in their will all of their property, etc And they have a joint tenancy with survivorship warranty deed... Where does that leave us kids... He has kids and she has kids... When one dies does his/her half automatically jump to the kids...

Old policy [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out how to cash an old insurance policy, the insurance company does not exist.

View more questions Search