Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandraanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Canadian Fugitive
    I know of someone who fled Canada to avoid going to prison for defrauding the federal government in Manitoba. This was over twenty years ago but I'm told there is no statute of limitations for a crime of this nature. My question is: how would I go about getting a record of the charges (I am in the U.S.) and why wouldn't the Canadian Government come and take responsibility for "their" criminal instead of leaving him in the U.S. to commit more crimes if they knew where to come and get him?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Could be the Canadian government doesn't know where he is; some people have the ability to affortlessly disappear off the face of the earth if they don't want to be caught. How do you know he is still in the U.S? Even if they know where he is they can't just come to the U.S. and grab him and bring him back he has to be extridited legally.

If you know him and know where he is, and if there is a warrant on him that you know of, why don't you inform the authorities.
    sandraanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 10:58 AM
    I did contact the Canadian Officials but they say if he's in the U.S. he is now "our" problem. I know where he is because he faces theft charges here in Texas. The story was on the CBS channel 11 news last Saturday. Here is the link to the newscast
    cbs11tv.com - CBS 11 Investigators Question Man's Credentials. An even better question is why aren't we deporting him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for some help on doing Canadian taxes. I've never done taxes in Canada myself (my dad has always done them). I'm Canadian and last year I worked about 8 months in the US and then moved back to Canada so I guess I have to declare my US income in Canada. How do I go about doing this? ...

Canadian with J1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Canadian, and I possess a J1 Visa which indicates that I am a trainee. I am doing my internship for a private company in USA for four months. I have the following tax questions. Please help. I am very confused by US's complex tax system. 1. What form do I file the tax with? (I...

View more questions Search