Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Aug 29, 2007, 04:32 PM
    1998 Dodge Neon
    Hello
    I have a 1998 Dodge Neon, I really hate it :(
    But, for about a month, whenever I turn it on, it turns over and over many times, and it takes a while and then it finally starts. I'm really scared one day it just won't turn on! Also, I was driving the other day and something popped in the back tire and locked up, and I almost got in an accident, but I was able to keep control of the car by keeping it on the road. I just hate the way it looks and I don't feel safe, and I get really nervous driving it because I'm scared something else will happen to it! I don't have the money to buy a new car, or even a used car. Is there any place I can just "trade" my car for a different one? I don't know why anyone would even want it though. I was just wondering, because I really don't feel safe in this car. My husband just bought a brand new escalade, so yeah, not much money for a car for me :(
    grayghost123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 09:22 PM

Hey shoegal the problem with the starting is with the fuel pump. I have had the same problem with my 97 neon. The problem is NOT cheap to fix. The problem with the wheel locking up could be a number of things. It could be the wheel cyl. Has stuck or the rear brake shoes have come apart from the hardwear. That is something your husband would have to take apart to see the issue. I know that this isn't what you are really asking about but it will give you an idea of what is going on with the car.
    ssgtslaughter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 06:05 AM
    I have blown the hose from the radiator to the transaxle twice now since I changed the radiator.
    It's the smaller line to the transaxle .
    What could be the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L V8 overheats [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.9L V-8. In the past two years I have replaced the water pump (leak) and thermostat (sticking). Normal usage temp stays under the 210 degree hash mark on the temp gauge. I use it to pull trailers to haul a lot of things (cattle, hay, etc.) and to pull fairly...

1995 Dodge Neon: How reliable are they? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm involved in a potential trade with a guy who has a 1995 Dodge Neon 4 door with a 3 speed automatic transmission. The top end of the motor was just redone, and the car was just repainted (due to the wonderful paint that the cars originally came with). I'd be trading my entire video game...

Dodge Neon & broken timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has a Neon that experienced a failed timing belt. As expected it bent valves and caused serious damage to the head. My question is - how much damage can be done to the lower part of the engine (pistons, crank etc.)? Assuming that there is at least cosmetic damage to one or more pistons,...

My Neon Tetra [ 3 Answers ]

My new Neon Tetra fish suddenly has a swollen stomach, and is not moving fast anymore what is the problem with her?

View more questions Search