Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gthree2one Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Whirlpool catalyst washer
    We have a catalyst washer model number GSX9885JQ0. My wife said it stopped agitating. I did the diagnostic steps given in the control panel and it agitates fine. The only thing that it didn't do was drain out of the machine on the drain test. It recirculated OK. During a wash cycle it actually agitates until it about four minutes have passed and it sticks, continually recirculating and spinning. It doesn't shut off. My first thought is the circuit board but electronic parts can't be returned. I would hate to spend $120.00 and that not be the answer. Any help would be appreciated.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Look carefully at the circuit board for any burn marks
    gthree2one Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 03:34 PM
    I checked both front and back of the circuit board. No obvious scorch marks are there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer problem [ 15 Answers ]

Hi My model number is GSX9885JQ0 The washer will fill with water but doesn't agitate. The light on the control panel blinks instead of being on solid. It doesn't display an error code on the panel, just shows how much time is left. I also tried unplugging and letting it reset. I also tried using...

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washer error message [ 6 Answers ]

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washer stops running and displays an error code of F3 or F4.

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer [ 3 Answers ]

This was our FIRST Whirlpool washer/dryer set and our LAST!! How does one remove the control panel?

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washer [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washer with digital display was not spinning. I replaced the coupler, the old one was worn. The washer did spin however it made a whinning noise. I ran several loads and now it will not spin again. Any suggestions on what the problem may be? Thanks.

View more questions Search