Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 10:58 AM
    "red red wine"
    Hey guys! My sister's birthday is coming up and I thought about buying her a nice bottle of wine. She enjoys sparkling, red wine. Can anyone give me any recommendation on something that is not too terribly expensive but good? :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Really? "Sparkling" red wine? I know it exists (I've sample some) but it's kind of a niche product.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Not in the uk it isn't nk ;) where are you rank hunn??
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Yes, she loves the fizziness. I imagine, I am having trouble finding anything that is worth buying... aaaahhhh she's so picky, haha.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Well does she like fruity, dry, medium body, etc? There is a lot to do with wine... im still learning, but just to say red is a bit wide of a label... :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Not in the uk it isnt nk ;) where are you rank hunn???
    The US, Tennessee to be exact. I'm almost willing to fly to the UK though, :p
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Fruity is more her taste definitely not dry... I'm still learning too Alk don't worry.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Oh hunn if I could id send you some of the stuff here but the import taxes are crazy, I honestly wouldn't know where to even buy wine in the u.s id say you need to find a decent supplier. Soowweeeee
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:10 AM
    You are close to me, there are a lot of local winery in the KY/Indiana area, that have some good wines, not really sparkling, but more fruity... Olivers is the winery and their muscat is good. Also there is Huber's Rose', its very good, although a little too fruity for me. :) Equuis in lexington KY area is good... they have several varieties... Also the Sangria from Rocky Mountain Winery in gatlinburg is good... there was one I tasted the other night that was good, but I will have to look it up...

EDIT - I can buy most of these from Liquor Barn... dont know if those go down as far as you... but they have good wine selections. A lot of their employees are pretty well educated and can help you find something... some can even help you match to meals... like I said, I'm still learning, and have been focusing on local wineries recently...
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Oh hunn if i could id send you some of the stuff here but the import taxes are crazy, i honestly wouldnt know where to even buy wine in the u.s id say you need to find a decent supplier. soowweeeee
    Well, if only smuggling were easy, lol. Yes, your right I will have to fine a good place around my area.

ALK- Thanks for the recommendations, I will def. take them into consideration!
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:15 AM
    04 PARINGA SPARKLING SHIRAZ

That's a good price they have loads of nice sounding sparkling wines ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Thank you CBW, very helpful! Great site!
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Glad to help, wish I had better knowledge.. my brother in law is good at that stuff, he's a chef and matches things very well... I only know what I've tasted. Im not much into the really sweet wines, but I have tried some... I want to take classes eventually.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:26 AM
    I'm right along with yah ALK, sweet is not my thing. There are probably some great books out there.
    zwanjam Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2007, 04:11 PM
    It is only available by mail order... or you can pick it up in Temecula, California; but this is the best fruity Sparkling Red Wine in the world!!

South Coast Winery All Wines

The Ruby Cuvee... it is truly wonderful!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spanish Red Wine? [ 1 Answers ]

A gal I am dating right now likes a Spanish Red Wine. I want to give her a wine bottle as gift. Could you recommend me the best Spanish Red Wine/s? I am looking for something in $30-$50 price range. AM

My Girlfriend likes "red ink" [ 22 Answers ]

I have been going out with my girlfriend for almost two whole years, and we have ups and downs as anyone can imagine. But one thing that I hate about her is that she razor blades herself. When we got together, I really liked her and didn't know much about her, but as the days and weeks grew...

Storing opened red wine [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. Anyone able to tell me how I store red wine which has been opened? Particularly interested for very hot weather as it is currently hot here in Auckland! We have quite good bottle 'stoppers', but not sure what to do re temperature etc. Thanks, Kenny

Red Wine [ 5 Answers ]

After I open a bottle of red wine how should it be stored and for how long will it be good?

Red wine storage [ 14 Answers ]

Red wine. Some people after opening it store it for long periods. I have opened a bottle of wine but there is no way I am going to drink it all at once. Some places say it stays good in the fridge for only 3 or 5 days. Then I here it is better to serve it at room temperature. My questions, how long...

View more questions Search