Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    immargo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 08:28 AM
    2 older cats
    Recently, I have notice my 2 (indoor/outdoor) cats not eating or hardly eating, like they normally would. I had bought a different brand of cat food for them to enjoy, and they both snubbed it. I then bought their regular food and still, they are snubbing the food dish. This has been going on for about a week. They both do tend to eat at neighbors homes, so I have not given any thought as to going to the vet yet. I hear that weather can also affect cats appetite, is this true? When should I start worrying? Other than the eating part, they both tend to be acting normally.
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Aug 29, 2007, 08:48 AM
    How old are your cats? I had an older cat that would do that sometimes, and if I gave him Fancy Feast either canned or dry, he went right for it! My vet said it's like "kitty crack"... they love it. Might try that. They might be eating more than you know somewhere else. I wouldn't worry too much yet, as long as they are drinking plenty of water. If not, please do call a vet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
    TWO cats not eating makes me think they are getting enough food elsewhere. Do they have dry food available? I agree with Jamiet about Fancy Feast. When I open a can, even I want to eat it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coon Hound with older dogs and cats [ 10 Answers ]

It is site policy to answer questions in the public forum There are those that would go to a breed description and insist the Coon Hound would be just like it. Yes, many of a breed do have the behaviors the breed is known for. Many do not. Froggy's Greyhound seems to be a much better match...

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Cats [ 2 Answers ]

I will be bringing home a six week old boxer puppy soon and I already have a 1yr old cat. He is very active and aggressive how can I integrate them with out him hurting the puppy?:o

Too many cats? [ 8 Answers ]

My significant other moved into my place with me last year. I already had 5 cats. They are all cats I found on the street and adopted. Hey, I was single! When he moved in, he had a cat of his own plus his step-mom gave us another cat last year. So now we have 7. We do not plan on taking in...

View more questions Search