Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 03:03 AM
    Masking a Domain Name forward.
    I've got this domain name forwarded with masking: Boxplate.com

... so it's masked from the url, but still showing in the code.

Is there a way to also hide it in the code?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 03:05 AM
    PS - an option is to make them an addon domain in site space but I'm running out of room for addons.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 29, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Are you using ZoneEdit to forward? Theirs is the best I've ever used, but it still doesn't replace the URLs.

You could set up an Alias record (CNAME) for Boxplate.com and boxplate.com to point to wherever it's hosted now, if it's a full domain name, without any subdirectories. That way, if you used relative links in your code (without the http://), and the web server was set up correctly, it would read in that domain name from the HTTP header, and parse out all the links based on it. I don't really know if there's another way to do it without writing a script to replace all the link names.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Boxplate is not hosted. It's just pointing to a page on another site of mine.

I could set it up as an addon domain so that it would be truly a site of it's own but I'm running out of space for addons.

... so I'll just leave it as it is. I just hate leaving unhosted domain names hanging out there with godaddy advertising on them :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too forward maybe? [ 7 Answers ]

I was on a date with another guy. While sitting at the bar, we started talking to a couple next to us. They were on a second date. Well... I found the other guy extremely attractive and wanted to know more about him. So... he told me he is a member of an online dating site. I emailed him when...

Forward as attachment [ 3 Answers ]

Is it still possible to forward a single email as an attachment using Microsoft Office 2003? I've recently started using BlueSecurity.com and I frequently need forward a single piece of spam to them but I can't find the forward as attachment option. If I select two or more emails they will send...

Wanting to fix "masking tape" over drywall joints [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I have a finished attic, however who ever finished it drywalled the room, and then rather than use paper or mesh tape and mud over it, they appeared to just used wide maskting tape over the joints and paint over it with no mud at all. Im wondering if it were to be wise to remove all of...

View more questions Search