Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alishawadi Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 04:21 PM
    How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work?
    How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work?
    They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres
    BrightLight Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Very simple... the cash registers are like a computer. Places like mcdonalds the store manager can program each button to whatever they want it to be. Which pulls up the sandwitch and the price. At the end the total totals it up. For bigger retail stores like futureshop or any big corprate company they have tons of people working on the programming, same idea with the mcdonalds tills, except its more complex because they receive more products and prices change, they get the programming end all done during the day/week depends on price changes and new products, and in the retail stores at the end of each night they run POS. which updates all the buttons on the screen...
    Bdfoster31 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2007, 01:30 PM
    You also have a back office computer, and that organizes all the information that comes from the POS terminals, as well as the kitchen monitors (if fast food type system). Depending on whether your company that you work for is a chain, the store managers and general managers don't really have to change buttons, that is what corporate is for. They program all the buttons, and the prices and such. When you do your deposits, you use the POS terminal to count down the drawers. You also enter the deposits in the back office computer. POS systems are almost limitless as to what you can do with these. They are highly adaptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

Does it really work? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm wondering if the pills to make a mans penis larger really works. I know it's a big thing with a lot of people, and most say you should just be happy with yourself, but I'm not. I want to try something. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Help with work out [ 4 Answers ]

Heylo. I am having troubles. I see everyone and I see them being strong and fast and I wish I could be like them. I want to be strong I want a desent body. I would really like more muscle tone and muscle period. The promblem is that I'm realativly weak and all I have is a barbel. And some leg...

View more questions Search