Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rapedape Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2005, 11:27 PM
    No Signal
    Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing happens, not really too many ideas on what to do with this one. Going to take some of it apart and mess around with it in case it's just some loose connections inside or something. If you need any info just let me know, no PCI cards either.

Just to make sure I'm clear, the computer does power up. There's just no signal to the monitor. No beep codes either. Only thing I can come up with is bad mobo.

Thanks in advance
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 4, 2005, 12:13 AM
    Unplug everything except CPU (& fan) and ram, as it's onboard video, there's no reason your monitor can't be plugged in also. Also check the ram slots for any rubbish in there - bits of plastic, metal etc. when you have the system down to just cpu & fan switch it on and listen for the post beep (I'll assume you've connected up the internal speaker).

If this gives you nothing I would suggest talking to your supplier. If it does it's possible one of the other connections, like IDE or floppy was incorrectly orientated.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2005, 02:15 AM
    I'd go with your assumption of something to do with the mobo. I'm having similar problems with my PC at the moment - taking it to a shop for repair (just in case I was wrong and spent all that money on a new mobo I don't need). I'll let you know what the problem was when I get my PC back as it may help.
    Rapedape Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2005, 09:14 PM
    Solution
    Just figured I'd give an update just in case anybody else had the same problem. Turns out that it was the mobo... sort of. It just didn't like the way I had the RAM set up. Just put some fresh stuff in there and all was well. I'm sure that if I had changed the arrangement of it all would have been well too. Hope this helps anyone with the same future problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signal on startup? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my problem is this: When I turn on my computer, everything seems normal for a sec or two, but when the display is supposed to react and go from hypernation into active, it doesn't. I have searched the threads to look for a solution, but as I get no signal, I can't even go to the BIOS or...

No Signal to the Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Our computer decided to take a breakdown, and there is no signal to the monitor we tried another monitor and still nothing the computer lights up the cd drive light flickers, the mother board light is on and the fan works, however when we swapped swapped the hard drive into another computer that...

Pc problem no signal [ 1 Answers ]

I install a video card, and memory and received a no signal message from the monitor, what is the problem.

No Monitor Signal [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I recently tried to install a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP, on a compaq. Being the idiot I am I did not uninstall the on-board video first, I inserted the videocard and now I get no signal to the monitor, I have tried removing the Radeon and using the onboard video again, but still no picture. All...

No signal error [ 1 Answers ]

I recently put together one computer with parts that I ordered from tiger driect. I built my computer just fine and it was up and rnning for hours while I was installing windows xp pro on it. But my friend decided to tell me to overclock the cpu or something.. so he said to go into bios and put...

View more questions Search