Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TAMIKAM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Grants with no cost to you.
    Hi I'm Tamika .
    I would like any information that anyone has about Grants. Grants that are of no cost to you . Thank you so much.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Good luck.

XenoSapien
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 07:11 PM
    For what? I got a grant for my education. It was for $1500 towards my tuition because I was a female over 35 returning to finish my college education.

My sister is a grant writer for Lions Int'l that works with the blind. She applies for private grants because there are too many strings attached to the federal ones.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Yes, some areas have grants to help with down payment on houses, my son is getting some in GA, along with other help for having been in military for years. I got some grants a few years ago to go to college.

But normally grants do not pay all the costs of anything they are for, normally they will only help with certain expenses.

Also if you want to do public service, one of my pastor friends gets grants for a homeless shelter or a food kitchen, another for work with aids patients. But these all required a long and detailed grant request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gov grants - any Grants [ 8 Answers ]

I have a new business for 6 months. I have been in this type of work for 11 years and have the same customers. I buy offshore produce and ship them to the states. I ship 40,000 - 200,000 pounds a week"or I did" I don't have the up front money to buy now. Does anyone know a good place to start ...

Finance / cost of equity and weighted average cost of capital [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity. Calculate the cost of equity and calculate weighted cost of capital. I do not understand this a bit. The following tabulation gives earnings per share figures for the Foust Company during the preceding 10 years. The...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

View more questions Search