Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsie_andreasm Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2005, 03:31 PM
    Uninstall
    I'm trying to uninstall a program but this message appeared on after confirming deletion.. "unable to locate the installation log file C/:program files blah blah... Uninstallation will not continue. What could be the problem? Anyone help please~ ;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2005, 05:48 PM
    What are you trying to uninstall?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2005, 06:11 PM
    That usually means that someone deleted the folder where the program was installed.
    chelsie_andreasm Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2005, 06:47 PM
    I was trying to uninstall some unused programs. I was trying to uninstall monopoly game, but I already deleted it. Its OK now.. trying to remove programs to free some space on my RAM. Ty for your advice.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2005, 05:44 AM
    Free up space
    Hi,
    "free up space on my RAM" ?
    Do you mean free up space on your hard drive?
    The only way to free up space with RAM, (like 256 MB RAM), is to keep a lot of programs from running in the background when you boot up.
    If you want to know how to do this, please post back.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2005, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsie_andreasm
    i was trying to uninstall some unused programs. i was trying to uninstall monopoly game, but i already deleted it. its ok now.. trying to remove programs to free some space on my RAM. ty for your advice.
    Hi Chelsie,

You may want to go back and reread the info we have given you. Especially the difference between RAM and storage space. Uninstalling programs and removing files doesn't do anything for RAM, that's storage space. To free up RAM you need to run MSCONFIG and uncheck programs you don't want to load at startup. Of course, uninstalling those programs will prevent them from loading at startup.

If you deleted rather than uninstalled a program, you might want to reinstall, then uninstall it properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall/Reinstall... [ 2 Answers ]

First I install Coreldraw GS 12 the I decided to update it to Corel X3 but my PC begun to slow then I uninstalled the X3 and try to reinstall the CGS 12 but it won't let me it saz error in applying... :confused:

How to uninstall rawrite [ 3 Answers ]

I was clicking and dragging some proggys from a floppy to my desk top and transferred a proggy called "rawrite". Now I can't remove it from the desktop. I tried everything that I know even going into safemode to delete but no good. I even tried backdating my computer or I think its called "system...

Uninstall windows [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've a windows ME, so is it possible that I can uninstall the windows ME without using a CD? If you know how, send me an e-mail message.

How do I uninstall windows [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can you tell me how to uninstall windows 98, as I am trying to upgrade to windows 98 SE but when I load it on to p.c without unistalling windows98 I can't connect to internet , when I try to connect it keeps coming up this program has caused an illeegal operation and will be shut down. So...

View more questions Search