Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pradeep_giridhar Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Condom the real protection
    Is condom the perfect Protection? Can one save himself from AIDS by using condom only.Afteroll a rubber thing can be brust by jerking . Is not it? I think up to some extend it is the protection if we compare other alternatives
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 05:25 AM
    From what I understand, virtually all manufactured birth control devices can fail at least a percentage of the time. But some form of protection, used properly, is better than not using anything. Abstinence will prevent most STI's and unplanned pregnancies. Short of that, both partners having a history of medical testing and remain monogomous. Just some of my thoughts.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Condoms do not protect you 100% of the time, but besides abstinence they're the runner-up.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 04:31 PM
    I agree with both Capt and Worth..
    First choice- abstinence!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 04:35 PM
    TO be really sure of not catching anything, do not have sex. That is the only 100% sure fire method of not getting pregnant or catching an STD.

You asked about the condom - while it is good, it is not 100% effective. There are female condoms out there and when I did my course to become an HIV/AIDS Instructor for Red Cross, that was the recommendation we were given - that the female AND the male use the respective condoms.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
    They are about the best product available, but they are by no means 100 percent effective. But there is no product to protect from STD beyond just not having sex.
    pradeep_giridhar Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Condoms do not protect you 100% of the time, but besides abstinence they're the runner-up.
    I am satisfied with the answers I got from all friend but your answer is point to point means one word answer that "Runnerups". Every one given the almost same reply but your language I liked most thanks

Giri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a condom twice [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had sex last night using a condom. I ejaculated and pulled out but never took the condom off. We did not have another condom, and we both wanted more. We waited a minute or two and then continued to have sex again. A little while in I thought that the condom felt funny so I...

Protection reliability with pill and condom [ 1 Answers ]

I know this gets asked probably all the time but I just wanted a straight answer. What are the chances of getting pregnant while using a condom and taking birth control pills regularly and only having sex once during that month's span.

Damaged condom [ 13 Answers ]

In case condom is damaged while using and u suspect that siemeb may have gone into the womb, then what precaution should be taken to avoid pregnancy

Female condom [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, Iam married since couple of months and is under planning. We use condoms but doesnot give that pleasure.one of my friend has advised me to use female condomn.can anyone share their experience of using female condomn. Njt

Condom Leaked? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm worried and would really love some intelligent opinions. My girlfriend and I had sex yesterday, 9 days after her last period started, with a condom. About 20 minutes into the session, I checked out the condom and noticed that a little bit of white fluid was squishing around the...

View more questions Search