Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    My Malibu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
    My Yorkie recently started peeing in her crate
    Please help! My year old Yorkie has started peeing in her kennel. This started about 2 months ago. She is a fun loving dog, very well trained in all other areas except for this. She has been house broken for some time now, in the past 2 months I come home from work and Malibu and her crate reek of urine. I do not know what to do, I have tried it all. I just recently have been taking the blanket out thinking it would help, but no such luck! She still insists on peeing in her kennel. I love her dearly but this is very stressful on Malibu and myself.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 08:35 PM
    She may have a UTI, I would take her to the vet to rule that out. If it is behavior we have some good people on here that can give you great advice.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Nearly all behavior problems should start with a vet check first. You can't train a physical problem away. Also ask about spaying if not already. It sounds like a status issue to me. If so, you are swimming upstream if the dog isn't spayed.

The key to most behavior problems is approaching things using the dog's natural instincts. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position, Letting your dog know you are the boss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

MY Yorkie pees in his crate [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell my why my three month old Yorkie may be peeing in his bed? I tried the small crate.. he peed. I took the top off the crate, he still peed. I removed the crate from the bathroom and laid out a blanket for him, he peed on the blanket. He won't go poop in there just pee. If I wash...

Peeing in Crate [ 1 Answers ]

I need help and I am literally pulling my hair out in tears everyday because of it. I have a 6 month old border collie mix who refuses to stop peeing in his crate. I have a feeling it is a behavioral problem. He has been to the vet and his bladder is fine. Whenever we leave we put him in his crate...

My yorkie pees and poops in the crate [ 1 Answers ]

My yourkie pees and poos in the crate.. she know how to go out, and use the pee pad, but she rather use the crate or the house to relieve her self.. did I mention I also have a 18month old GSD.. he is great... but this 3 moths old has me cleaning 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.. help... :mad: ...

Have started a new job recently... everyone so cold! [ 5 Answers ]

HI everyone, I need some advice, I recently have started a job (sales in a smaller ISP) and just to give you a little insight of the company... my boss, also the owner of the company, is my uncle (also my mom's brother, she passed away when I was 12) his wife (my aunt) is the accountant, and there...

7 month old pug started peeing on my bed! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. She is 7 months old and potty trained. What could be wrong.I have not spayed her yet. :confused: Please help me

View more questions Search