Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andi_liz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
    15lb 14 month old
    My daughter has been through so many test. Everyone says she is perfectly healthy yet she doesn't gain weight. She hasn't gainned anything since she was six months old. I know that there has to be something not right. But three different dr.s say she is fine. Developmentally she is fine, happy and active. But she only has 1 tooth. And eats very little. She is now on Pedisure instead of milk or formula. I just don't know what to do. Help.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Hi there fill this out and judge for yourselfBMI-Body Mass Index: Child and Teen Calculator | DNPAO | CDC

Best wishes-keep pushing the doctors if you are not happy with the results they give you, if you think that something is wrong, you are most likely correct!
    LKB87 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andi_liz
    My daughter has been through so many test. Everyone says she is perfectly healthy yet she doesn't gain weight. She hasn't gainned anything since she was six months old. I know that there has to be something not right. But three different dr.s say she is fine. Developmentally she is fine, happy and active. But she only has 1 tooth. and eats very little. She is now on Pedisure instead of milk or formula. I just don't know what to do. Help.
    A friend of mine has a 16 month old that is only 13 lbs with only 2 teeth. Another has a 13 month old that is 24 lbs with 8 teeth. Are you pretty small yourself? If you have seen three different doctors I would say that she is OK. As long as she is developing her motor skills then I don't see anything wrong with her being small. My mom has had a daycare since I can remember so she has helped raise plenty of babies. If you still don't feel like everything is right, try for a fourth opinion.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:14 PM
    How tall is she? How much did she weigh when born?

There are too many variables missing here.

Most children double their birth weight by 6 months and triple it by 1 year. So, if a child weighs 7 pounds at birth, expect them to weigh 14 pounds at 6 months and 21 pounds at one year. However, this is an AVERAGE. Every child is different.

You also have to look at your genetics. How much did Mom weigh at this age? How much did Dad weigh.

I don't have the length/height, or I could give you the exact percentile that your child falls into.

Just remember that each child develops at their own pace, everyone is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search