Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jandkgeller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2005, 07:22 PM
    Hampton Bay Fan help
    I installed a Redington IV in my sons room went and installed another one in my other sons room. They worked fine, then the first one I installed just started to go from fast to medium to slow to off after a 10 to fifteen minutes. The fan comes with a remote and I installed it the same way I installed the second on I put up.

Please help!
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jandkgeller
    I installed a Redington IV in my sons room went and installed another one in my other sons room. They worked fine, then the first one I installed just started to go from fast to medium to slow to off after a 10 to fifteen minutes. The fan comes with a remote and I installed it the same way I installed the second on I put up.

Please help!
    This sounds like a strange enough problem that might well lead to some invoved teardown of the fan. I'd take it back as defective rather than waste any time troubleshooting the problem.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2005, 06:47 AM
    It is possible something is interfering with the remote. Do both fans use the same frequency. Or are they IR? You might try changing the codes in both the remote and the fan.
    cinderblockk339 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2005, 11:36 AM
    Where do you mount the receiver?
    There's NO diagram for mounting the receiver on this fan. Does anybody know where it is supposed to go?
    Ni Oma Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2005, 01:48 PM
    Receiver Mount
    If it is like the San Juan fan, the receiver will mount through the middle of the top bracket about flush with the plane of the ceiling, right above the ball joint of the extension tube. It can be a tight fit and you'll need to be careful that no wires are pinched between the bracket and the sides of the receiver in order to slide it into place. One end of the receiver may be narrower than the other. On the San Juan you connect the wires, push the connections from your house current up into the connection box, and slide the receiver, narrow end first, into the gap in the middle of the mounting bracket. Take care to leave the antenna wire near the outside of the mass of wires and metal for better reception.
    cinderblockk339 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2005, 08:09 PM
    Receiver was finally installed correctly but remote stopped working.
    Receiver was finally installed correctly but remote stopped working. My electrician had the fan running with the receiver finally installed correctly but I guess my husband and I pressed the buttons one too many times and it stopped working. The light and the fan were both stuck on. I had to turn them off with the pull cords. Then I couldn't turn them back on, even WITH the pull cords. After waiting a while the remote started working again. What is up with this??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new house that is pre wired for a fan it has 4 wires coming out -red black, white, ground. My new fan is prewired with black,blue,green, white, I also have 3 switches on the wall and the fan has a light attached after wiring this fan nothing is happening. What should I do

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find discontinued hampton bay products? I need an additional Nouveau Art pendant light fixture and cannot find it anywhere!! Thanks!:

Hampton Bay Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton bay fan with a light and remote control. The room previously had a fan without a light. The wall switch (two switches) controlled the fan while one switch did nothing. The old fan also had a pull chain to change the blade speed. I wired the fan yesterday and nothing worked....

Hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed hampton bay fan, I am sure it was installed correctly. However its has a remote control and the only way I can get the fan to work is if I turn on the light, no light no fan. Therefore I can not run it at night. :( :(

Hampton Bay Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My new Hampton Bay Nassau fan seems to run slow on high speed compared to my other fans. Is this normal operation or should I bring it back.

View more questions Search