Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giants718 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Engagement Ring
    I was curious if I can get it back. The thing is I live in NY and the girl I am Engaged to is in another country... what should I do and can I get the ring back?

TT
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Have you asked her for it back? Without her cooperation, your chances are going to fall between slim and none.

Aug 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    Have you asked her for it back? Without her cooperation, your chances are going to fall between slim and none.
    She doesn't know yet... I am afraid that if I say something, she won't give it back...
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 09:44 AM
    How long has it been? Have you officially broken up? Do you think her parents would cooperate? Did you break it off or did she?

Sorry to be full of questions, but it may help you sort out a strategy to get it back.

Aug 27, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    How long has it been? Have you officially broken up? Do you think her parents would cooperate? Did you break it off or did she?

Sorry to be full of questions, but it may help you sort out a strategy to get it back.
    I am thinking about breaking up with her. She doesn't know it yet. Things are not working out. I have not officially broken up. I would be breaking it off.

I don't mind the questions, thanks for your help:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 10:02 AM
    I don't think you will have any chance of getting it back if she doesn't voluntarily do so.

If she is a person of good character, I think she will give it back. If she is going to be really upset about the breakup, it might take a while. If she thinks you "owe" her for whatever reason - you might never see it again.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Engagement ring upgrade [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I are soon to be celebrating our anniversary by having a vow renewal, and we have already bought and upgraded her old engagement ring to a larger ring, so she can show it off. Does anyone know where I can go to sell the old one?

Getting engagement ring back and boob money. [ 26 Answers ]

My selfish Ex fiancé broke up with again, about 6 times with me. Its been about 3 months since this break up. In the beginning she refused to give ring back. We have been emailing each other a little bit threw out break up. About 2 weeks ago I told her to leave me alone forever. But she still has...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

View more questions Search