Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Aug 28, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Mine is after one of my cats, Swirl... she is a girl and so am I... so swirlgirl!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
    My wife is almost my complete opposite, and she sees a lot of things different and new to me, ways that surprise me because I never would have thought of it that way, so one day she jokingly says "you are so ..."

Grace and Peace
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    My wife is almost my complete opposite, and she sees alot of things different and new to me, ways that surprise me because I never would have thought of it that way, so one day she jokingly says "you are so ..."

Grace and Peace
    I guessed it right, I knew you were in the box... literally:)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Well my last name is Rankin so I figured "rankrank" gave it flare. The 55 part is for my husband, in high school his football jersey number was 55... ahh the good ole days!
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 01:04 PM
    As many names have been used by members in other forums as well,
    I would just like to say that I am firmbeliever only at AMHD and no other forums.
    If anyone finds any other firmbelievers on another forum, it is not ME!;)

The only other forum I am a member of, I use a more personal and recognisable name for those who know me.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
    I'm retsoksirhc pretty much all the way around. Well, back in the day, I used to be cjk86. I decided that was a little too generic, so I spiced it up a little.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 05:38 PM
    I used startover22 because I had a need to startover at the beginning I asked some questions about finances. Cleared up now thanks to some of you! The 22 is my husbands lucky number and it is weird that I use it, now that I think about it. One time I almost signed startover22 on my check. So stupid! Anyway it was really cool to see how you guys came up with your names! Once again an excellent thread by my friend firmbeliever!
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Thanks Start,
    Good to have you and your humour back...
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 06:09 AM
    "Esquire1" Here's my story. Growing up as a young lad in the 50's we lived not far from a railroad track. One evening playing outdoors a "rough looking" old man approached me and ask me to go inside and sneak him out something to eat. Well, I new I didn't have to sneak as I told my mother what I wanted. We had just finished eating dinner and I told mom about this old man. She fixed a plate of food (still warm) and I rushed it out to this man feeling like a hero. He ate it quickly and mumbled something and went on his way. Each day at the same time I would be outdoors waiting to see if he would return. From time to time he did show up wanting food. After time he started telling me stories of how he traveled all 48 states by riding box cars on trains. To me he seemed quite intellegent. As I grew up I wanted to be like him. As a teen, I started juming in boxcars and traveling too. Wound up in Virginia Beach and was homeless there for a while, Found a little work to earn money to return home, by bus this time with a purchased ticket. Well since then many years later I've wound up in Tennesse doing well for myself. I often think of this "Hobo" and how he impacted my life. When I needed a name for this site, I had been thinking of him. He went by Esquire. So I took his name. I'm sure after all these many years Esquire is in Hobo Heaven but his name goes on. This is my story and I'm sticking to it.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 09:32 AM
    esquire1, that is wonderful! I love it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 03:12 PM
    As we are talking about "whats in a name"?
    I keep wondering what each ones avatar represents, some have seals,dogs and cats,bunny etc.

Mine is normally something to do with nature,currently mine is the Solar system.
    I had one of Kaaba/Mecca before,but I was thinking maybe it might scare off some people as it is such an outwards show of my firmbelief.
    I also try not to put something girly in my avatar pic as it is more fun when members mistake me for a guy.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Sep 1, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Well, While I was trying to think of a name, I looked at my computer mouse, and on it said "lenovo" so, well, there you go.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
    I think I had a Lenovo mouse sometime back... :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
    My name and avatar represent the same thing , a few years ago a friend of mine died , he had been ill for a while. He had 3 beautiful Labradors which I adored , so I promised I would look after them for him if anything ever happened to him , their ages at the time were 1 ,7 and 8. Hence Friend4u178
    Great post Firmbeleiver , I never thought I'd get to tell that story. Thanks
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Friend4u178, You are truly a good person. I am sure you made his passing so much easier knowing that his babies would be taken care of.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Thanks bushg :)
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Mine is my name dissected and squished back together again.
    My friends call me Kae for short, so I spelled that part out.

My hobby is fishkeeping and I love marine life, so I usually have a pic of one of my fish as an avatar,
    Or in this case, a couple of baby starfish my daughter and I found.

I like reading about the names too...
    I had so many of them wrong LOL
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 01:03 AM
    Baby starfish!? That's so cute - there's me thinking they were tattoos but come to look at it one of them is your daughter's hand. It is amazing how you can look and see whatever you want not what's actually there.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Well, That's the best I can come up with:)
    cece23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I agree, some names with numbers do look better than without the numbers.

Once I even thought that these numbers were used because the names given were not available, like when opening an e-mail account you dont get the name you want you just add a couple of numbers and it is accepted....:)
    You are right about that. I often use the same username cece23. The 23 is, just as you say, is because cece is nearly always already in use by someone else, but with the 23 I am usually OK. My first and middle names begin with a C, that is where the cece comes in. Simple huh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search