Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kk5550123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 11:44 PM
    Baby sitting
    I want to baby sit but I am scared to give out my iformation I want to make money quick what do I do if I don't baby sitt help me I'm so confused!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 26, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Get advice from someone else who used to babysit or still does, shouldn't be hard to find, because a lot of people have or do.
    And don't be afraid, be confident. Little kids can be terrifying, but they can smell your fear, so be confident and they will behave and be sweet little angels (I think)
    Just give it your best shot, you can succeed.
    Dawnvck5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
    If you need to make quick money and you can't get a baby sitting job why don't you try selling stuff on eBay. Its fun and addictive, and its very easy to do. Ebay tells you exactly how to do it and you make money quickly and easily. Its also very confidential just you and the buyer know your information. Good Luck
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kk5550123
    i wanna baby sit but i am scared to give out my iformation i wanna make money quick what do i do if i dont baby sitt help me im so confused!
    How old are you? It would help to know that in order to answer you better.

If you are under 18, then I would suggest talking to whoever is your parental figure about this and having them spread the word that you are looking for babysitting jobs.

Depending on your age, you might also check out placing free ads on the Internet. There are plenty of places where you could advertise for free. All you have to do is type in free online classifieds in a Google search, and you will find quite a few sites. You don't have to give them much information other than what you are advertising as to what you would like to do, your phone number and maybe how much you charge. It would help if you would at least list your first name, or the first name of an adult who could take calls for you.

I did find a free advertising site where you live. I don't know how good it is, because I don't advertise on it. But, you might like to check it out. Here is the link: Kalamazoo MI FREE Classifieds and Neighborhood Information

I have been advertising all over the Internet for free for about three years. I give people plenty of contact information. I have never had a problem in doing this. Most of my business comes from people who find me on the Internet. Of course, since you are a girl, then giving out too much information could be a problem because of people who look for young girls on the Internet. So, it's best to err on the side of safety when you would give out any information. I'm just trying to say that the Internet can be a very safe place to advertise.

Of course you could always advertise for what you do by placing ads wherever you can find a public bulletin board around where you live. These can be at grocery stores, Laundromats, libraries, bowling alleys, Quick Mart type places, etc.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 27, 2007, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnvck5
    If you need to make quick money and you can't get a baby sitting job why dont you try selling stuff on ebay. Its fun and addictive, and its very easy to do. Ebay tells you exactly how to do it and you make money quickly and easily. Its also very confidential just you and the buyer know your information. Good Luck

Good idea but craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events is a better site in my opinion. You choose your city (Sanfranciso is the default one) and you then search for w/e u want. It only searches your area so that way you can meet the person and you don't have to make a decision off a picture. I use the site and I never get scammed because I meet the person most likely they wont/dont sell you something broken.

Just watch out for people that try to buy something from you and don't live in your area. 95% of these people are scammers and will send you a bad check. I was sent a check for 3.5k for a 400 dollar thing. I emailed the guy back saying I know you are a scammer and I was just playing with him and I haven't heard from him sense. So its preferred if you meet the people. And I'm not sure how old you are but don't go alone AND NEVER have the person come to your house...
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 31, 2007, 12:06 PM
    I believe I saw her post elsewhere and she's 12-ish... correct, kk?

Ask your parents to tell their friends and coworkers that you're willing to babysit. Spread the word to your friends parents that have younger kids too. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get an STD by sitting on a toilet? [ 4 Answers ]

I think I have an STD( Gonorrhea or Chlamydia). So every time I go to pee, I pee like a girl cause I don't want to take a chance and infect the toilet seat, after I am done I clean the whole toilet with soap and stuff, so can you get an STD by touching the urine on the toilet or by sitting on the...

Baby Sitting [ 12 Answers ]

Is baby sitting right for me? I'm 14 yrs. Old & I want to earn money on my own but the only problem is finding someone who needs a baby sitter. I baby sit for my aunt & uncle & they tell me that they'll pay me but when they come home they just forget & I really need to earn some money so that I can...

I need a baby sitting job [ 1 Answers ]

I really need a babysitting job I am 13 yrs. Old I am responsible I babysit for my aunt and she has four kids. I adore kids and really want a babysitting job and I really want to make money because I hate having to ask my mother for money to buy things for me like school supplies etc. But I can not...

Sitting with seniors [ 1 Answers ]

I HAVE AN ASHI APPROVED CERTIFICATION CARD 3 TO BE EXACT 1 FOR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS , 2. FOR BASIC FIRST AID 3. FOR AUTOMAted external defibillation can I get a sitting with elders job or something like that kind of work .

Why am I always be sitting on the bench a lot? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new and oldcoach I have a question. Why am I always be sitting on the bench a lot? I'm 15 years old and I'm a sophomore and I been playing basketball for three years and this is my 2nd year playing J.V. girls basketball and I play small forward and guard and I really need help on my...

View more questions Search