Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkirasor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Should I use colorzap and how do I fix my bad perm?
    I have gray that I cover at home with Loreal products and for the longest time I didn't know that I shouldn't dye my whole head instead of just the roots. Now my hair is darker on the ends, and looks horrible. I went to a salon and asked if they thought that I should perm my hair, that I color it, and I want an honest opinion if it should even be done. I just wanted to do something to make my hair look better so I don't have to constantly wear a hat. They said a perm would look great and my hair was healthy enough. She also said she needed to use clarifying shampoo prior to the perm. Now I have a frizzy mess and want to cry. I have naturally curly hair on the ends only, the top is straight and that's why I got the perm , for an even curl throughout. I thought about using colorzap to fix the color and just keep cutting and deep conditioning it for the bad perm. Any advice will help, its pretty horrifying and I don't want to scare small children away anymore with my lovely locks. Thanks.
    shazzzy Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 04:13 AM
    I got a perm done a few months ago and I hated it.It was perfectly done but the curls were all wrong for me.I wanted loose curls and in the end I got poodle curls - a frizzy mess! So I reversed the perm the next day by buying a home perming kit. You follow the directions on it but instead of curling your hair, you keep on combing it to comb out all the perm. In the end you're left with the hair you had before. Perfect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How bad do products like ColorZap damage hair. [ 18 Answers ]

I had a really nice light brown color in my hair but it started to take on this orangy tone, so a thought I'd refresh it. I chose a brand I had never used before. It was supposed to be a "light natural brown" but it turned my hair a sort of jet black. IT'S AWFUL and I HATE it. My hair is naturally...

Will using COLORZAP by loreal work for me? [ 9 Answers ]

I dyed my hair using semi-permanent black dye... not permanent. My hair is naturally light chestnut brown. I have been trying to wash it out for about 12 weeks now, and used Clarol's UNCOLOR system for semi-perm dyed hair(to no avail) and it is now to an odd dark red-brown color. My question...

Dyed Hair but to dark - have perm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I got a perm about a week ago and my stylist said I could color my hair. I waited 4 days and used the same color I have always used but this time my hair is way to dark. Can you recommend something to use to lighten my hair without damaging my perm?

Can I fix hazardous steps if a contractor is refusing to fix, and threatens to sue? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Texas. I hired a landscape contractor to install retaining walls and a patio which included 4 steps in stone. These steps range in size from 6.5" to 9.5" and the tallest is on the top! They are very dangerous. He refuses to do any fixes, and walked off project. At one point in the...

How can I fix this bad shower pan install? [ 1 Answers ]

From what I can tell my tile guy broke just about every rule in the book when building my shower pan and curb: 1. No pre-slope for liner. (Actually, 6 of 7 tilers I interviewed for the job said they didn't usually build a pre-slope but I built one myself before I let them lay the liner). 2....

View more questions Search