Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joejoe831 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 06:53 PM
    Re: DSO Exploit fix
    go to this site http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_intro.php
    here they have a free spy ware and adware scan .
    they use X-Cleaner this will take out all spyware and addware out. And they have all infor on all spyware
    joejoe831 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 06:55 PM
    go to this site http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_intro.php
    here they have a free spy ware and adware scan .
    they use X-Cleaner this will take out all spyware and addware out. And they have all infor on all spyware
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2004, 12:30 AM
    But why daddy?? ;D
    rugcutter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2004, 12:41 PM
    Re: DSO Exploit
    « Reply #11 on: May 22nd, 2004, 1:31pm » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If all your critical updates are installed you are protected against DSO Exploit and the finding in Spybot is just a nuisance. Eliminate this by doing the following:

1 Open Spybot and select 'advanced' mode.
    2 Select 'settings' in the left column.
    3 Select 'ignore product' in the left column.
    4 Select 'security' tab.
    5 Place check mark in box beside DSO Exploit.
    6 Close program
    7 Open Spybot and run a scan.

This was posted by SUDBURY elsewhere in this forum and it works.
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2004, 10:09 PM
    no it doesn't! I should know I created the exploit hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ::) :-X ::) :-* ::) :o :P ;D :D
    argeldeggy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 12:18 PM
    go to start button, go to run, type REGEDIT,  then Enter,
    go to HKEY_USERS, go to .DEFAULT, go to the first (software) that appears, go to Microsoft, go to Windows, go to CurrentVersion, go to Internet Settings, go to Zones, click on ( 0 ), click on 1004 on right panal, now right click on 1004, go to Modify, now type the Value name/ type this:   REG_SZ, press OK, now right click on 1004, go to delete, now right click on right panal, go to new, type value name:  1004, right click again on 1004, change Value date to   3, the Base will be set on Hexadecimal.  You are now finished. This is how you fix the problem. By changing the value command, this is comp lang.

forgot to add select DWORD.
    missingafewbeans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 09:11 PM
    Well I googled into this DSO mess, you know, just to see if I could get rid of those pesky pop-ups, and I read all the fixes all the responses all the disses all the patronizing snooty high-brow remarks, the egoism, the nihilistic and vengeful approach and just downright rudeness that the double-stars hurl at each other and I'm done. I'll deal with the pop-ups. All you minces can go jump in the lake.

Beans

Sep 28, 2004, 11:59 PM
    Hey I'm sorry you didn't understand, I guess some people just don't have the knowledge. And your one of them. Have a nice night,

Friends forever

Sep 29, 2004, 12:01 AM
    Hey I'm sorry you didn't understand, I guess some people just don't have the knowledge. And your one of them. Have a nice night,

Friends forever
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Sep 29, 2004, 06:21 AM
    the patronizing snooty high-brow remarks, the egoism, the nihilistic and vengeful approach and just downright rudeness that the double-stars hurl at each other and I'm done. I'll deal with the pop-ups. All you minces can go jump in the lake.
    For someone with such an admirable command of the English language, I'm surprised you had so much trouble reading a few words.

For the last time:
    The DSO exploit is not a virus, trojan horse, worm, or portable CD player. It is an EXPLOIT. Look the word up, I'm sure you know how to use a dictionary. It does not CAUSE pop-ups. It has been PATCHED so If you have been patching you will have the patch.

Have a nice day.
    :)

~psi42

Sep 29, 2004, 12:00 PM
    OK senior Expert, lets see what you know.

What is the name of the patch?
    When was the patch created?

If you can not answer these questions, then you don't even know if a patch was ever created.

I think you are just going off what other people said.

If not, here's you chance to school me.

Have a nice day!!
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Sep 29, 2004, 04:08 PM
    DSO Exploit fix
    See microsoft's security bulletin MS02-015.

I apologize if I may have appeared hostile in my previous post. I am not an "expert," nor do I claim to be. The title, "Senior expert," appears because of my post count, and I can't change it.

I'm sure you have noticed there are many many DSO Exploit-related threads on this board, including one that is eleven pages long. This has been going on for a long time, and the root of the problem is that people don't read the entire thread and then start yelling about how pompous "us experts" are.

Now I'll admit flaming can be good for your health, especially when you get frustrated, but if I get flamed, I'm going to flame back--such is life. :)

Have a nice day.

~psi42

Sep 29, 2004, 09:09 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me, I  appreciate it.
    I APOLOGIZE for the rudeness. I'll make sure to investigate next time.

You have a nice day!
    TechMD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2004, 02:37 PM
    Does anyone have a solution that actually fixes the exploit? The registry change does not fix it. The patch mentioned above will not work with IE6 SP1 and SP1 does not address the exploit. If you have any doubts you can test your solutions effectiveness at the following website:

http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/

I made the registry changes and updated Spybot S&D. Spybot S&D no longer detects the exploit, but the exploit remains...

Check it out...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

My computer (XP) switched off automatically. After running spypot; I found out the computer was infected by DSO Exploit. I treid all kind off salutions but without any succes. At last I decided to run the recoverydisc. During recovery the PC allso keeps switching of. Now my PC cannot run XP...

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

Since a few month my computer (XP homeedition) switches of power unexpectely. Especially when info is transferred from one to another place. Like editing films, watching DVD etc. After running Spybot I found out the PC is infected with DSO Exploit. I treid allmost everything but the PC kept...

DOS Exploit [ 10 Answers ]

I ran spybot and came up with DOS exploit.  I've tried a few of the tips previous users gave but it is still showing up.  I have the CWShredder but I have no idea what to do with it.  The computer guys at my school installed all these items and didn't explain what they do.  I don't want to do...

View more questions Search