Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Aug 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Thinking about death a lot
    For a while now I've been thinking a lot about death. Some of it is suicidal thoughts, but the majority is just death in general. Sometimes I picture myself lying in my bed dead and someone finding me or sometimes picturing myself with a gun to my head or hanging myself. I think a lot about what happens when we die. I'm just weirded out by it all.
    I am woman Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Are you having some problems that seem like they can't be solved and that would be a way out. Or are you dealing with someone close to you that took his or her life. Death, to me means to end it all or to stop the hurt. My neighbor's daughter took her Life. We don't know why. Her mother thinks that this was a way to have the last word and to pay her back. There is a lot of guild that will never rest. Ask yourself what is going on in your life. We do not know what happens after we are dead, but we have to believe in God and trust in his word. Live life to the fullest and enjoy each sun rise and set; just one day at a time. Think only about the people and things that matter.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
    I often get into morbid moods too mate
    I used to have a sort of recurring waking dream when I was beginning to wake up, where my friends would call me to there house, or to a classroom in school (it was slighlty diff every time) and they would tell me that this chick I really liked had died, and then in the dream I would run towards the nearest possible way of killing myself, and my friends would restrain me, then it would start over again
    Thankfully, I'm over her, so I don't have that dream anymore.
    But I still think about death sometimes, but I'm much better than I used to be, I used to contemplate od'ing on panadol, because I knew it was a really painful way to go
    Suicide isn't worth it mate, and you got to live out your life, because there's so much important stuff and people in your future.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 26, 2007, 10:12 PM
    When you say suicidal thoughts, do you mean you WANT to die, or that you just think about what it would be like to die? Personally, I've thought about what it might be like to die. In my opinion, it doesn't mean I've had suicidal thoughts. I'm just exploring in my mind what I can't and don't want to explore in reality.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie
    For a while now I've been thinking a lot about death. Some of it is suicidal thoughts, but the majority is just death in general. Sometimes I picture myself lying in my bed dead and someone finding me or sometimes picturing myself with a gun to my head or hanging myself. I think a lot about what happens when we die. I'm just weirded out by it all.
    It is normal to wonder what happens after we die.
    For some of us our beliefs give us vivid details on death and afterlife,
    For others death ends it all and nothing exists thereafter.

If these thoughts on death are not obstructing your daily life then I would say it is OK, but if it interferes your normal life then you need to seek professional help especially as you seem to have some thoughts that are suicidal.

Do you follow a particular religion ?
    If you do you could look into what your religion says about death and after death.

Or if you do not believe in a religion, why not check out what people say about death, or even what religions believe about death.

Maybe you could look into science too,but I do not think they have anything concrete on what happens after death as there is a lack of evidence/fact to prove anything scientifically about death.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Biggie,
    As you said your brother committed suicide, this could be a reason for your thoughts on death.Even if you say it is your own doing that you are thinking about death, your brothers suicide maybe making it hard for you to move on with life.
    You could try getting some professional help...

Even if you believe in one religion, why not look into what other religions say about death,maybe you may find solace in one of the religious beliefs regarding death.

I am not a Christian but I know what happens after I die,but I still do wonder about it now and then, not so much as doubts...
    About how much have I prepared for death or if I am ready to meet the Almighty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Worrying a lot! [ 4 Answers ]

I really think I'm going to worry myself sick about my puppy. I've ALWAYS got questions if you can't tell already! :p She had her first visit to get groomed today. She looks great, I was really impressed. The trimming all of the hair by her paws and trimmed her toe nails... the problem is......

Hi, I need a lot of help [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Im new My period was due on dec 18. So I'm now 7 days late. I had implantation bleeding on the 11 of dec, which would be on track if I had gotten pregnant. My lmp was nov 20. I've done hpt some were positive, some were negative. This happened with my last pregnancy. So I'm not concerned...

View more questions Search