Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grizzly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Inventory for service provider
    At the year end of fiscal year, how can I record my hours provided for my clinets but not billed yet. Inventory should be debitted and then what should be creditted?

Thanks.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
    You are a service company since you wish to bill them for your time. Therefore, there is no inventory.

Dr. Accounts Receivable
    Cr. Sales

The Sales being the time you worked for them doing whatever service they required.

Just because you haven't billed them for it, does not mean you haven't earned the money. Therefore it should be recorded as a sale for this year since that is when you preformed the work and earned the money.
    Grizzly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly
    at the year end of fiscal year, how can I record my hours provided for my clinets but not billed yet. Inventory should be debitted and then what should be creditted?

Thanks.
    Hi Captain Forest,

Thank you so much for the reply. I wanted to thank you here. This is my first time to use this website and I didn't know how it works.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:23 PM
    You're welcome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man's provider skills on test? [ 20 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 2 yrs now, and things are getting serious now, I mean we have intentions of getting married and have a life together. My problem and I'm starting to have seconds thoughts about it, that sometimes I feel she test my provider skills...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Internet service provider [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody Can some one tell me how to create dial up internet service to the public. What do I need to get, set up, etc. I like to create 800 # to the public if it can be done. I think it can be done.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ' [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to access the personal particulars of pen-pals listed in "Hands Across The World" I get the following message: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change...

View more questions Search