Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChristineVeith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Sony Laptop keyboard gone berserk
    It intermittenly types letters and numbers that I don't tap. It also will type words out of the sequence in which I typed them. Bizarre. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this?
    blaze5874 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Is this a wireless keyboard? More information would be helpful.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Keyboards are pretty basic, usually. If it's just a regular laptop keyboard, built into the laptop, then Id say it probably one of three things:
    1. Crumbs/Dust/Junk under the keys. Get a can of compressed air, hold the laptop upside down, and try blowing it out, to see if it works better
    2. Faulty keyboard. If it's still under warranty, see if they'll replace it. Otherwise, you'll have to get a new one (or a used one)
    3. Bad connection. You could try to take the keyboard out, clean the contacts, and then put it back in, making sure you connect the little ribbon cable securely (It's usually not too hard to take a laptop keyboard out... generally, pry the plastic piece around or above it off, then take out a few screws. You might be able to find instructions for it on the manufacturers website, or by searching google)
    ChristineVeith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Hi, I tried a system restore and that actually corrected the problem. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony vaio laptop keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

The lap top is 3 years old and the keyboard does not work. In "WORD" the letter "V" continuously runs on and on. The computer tries to open files beginning with the letter "V" like, Vaio Recovery, and any program beginning with the letter "V". You can still use the mouse pad only. My question,...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Laptop keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

I turned on my laptop this morning and I can't seem to type out the letters "o" and "p",

View more questions Search