Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    santos2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Global acceptance credit company
    I have a debt for $2600 that I owe to collection agency global acceptance credit. If I pay them monthly payments less than what they want can they still take me to court?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Aug 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Yes, they can and proably will because if they get a judgment they can attach your wages and freeze your bank accounts If they agree to a less amount GET IT IN WRITING! How far are you behind in payments?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
    A judgement gives them leverage. Have you started making payments? What are the full circumstances?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Yes, if you are late or in default of the loan, they can actually even take you to court of you pay them what they ask for ( should not, normally don't but could since you are in default)

But if you send less than they ask for, they will most likely go to court unless this is a short term thing and they know about it and have agreed to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Notifying Credit Card Company [ 3 Answers ]

My mother died 2 1/2 yrs ago with no estate. She owned a home. We had a joint checking account. I did not notify her credit card company of her death because I was afraid they would take my money out of our joint checking account. Instead I have been paying her bill. The credit card company...

Do I have a Lawsuit against credit card company [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I had a credit card with chase for a long time,over 15 years I believe. My husband is havig an affair with another women and took out credit card in his name using her address and phone number.Chase can see there are 3 credit cards,One in my name and two has her name and address. ...

Sues by Credit Card Company [ 1 Answers ]

I received a citation where a credit card company is suing me for a debt thst eas back in 2000. They command that I be there. I just wanted to know can they command me to do anything. Thanks J

Getting Sued By Credit Card Company [ 2 Answers ]

If my husband is getting sued by a credit card company, can they take our car if we need it for medical reasons on our daughter?

Credit Card Company Suing me [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was served this week, capitol one credit card co is suing me for $1200.00 over an account that I have not made payment on in several years, 4 I believe, due to loss of income. I called their attorneys office directly, the ones listed on the legal papers I was served with, but they...

View more questions Search