Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freighterview Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Air intake on lawn mower
    My lawn mower and wheeled weed whacker will only run if I am pumping the primer. How can I get them to run constantly without pushing the primer. They are both made by YTD
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Probably the carb needs to be re-built. I'd check the air cleaner while your at it.
    freighterview Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
    How do I rebuild the carburator? Is this something I can do? How much would it cost for a lawn mower repair person to fix?
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Aug 26, 2007, 03:20 PM
    If it's the carb, you can always take off the carb, get a can of carb cleaner, and clear out any carbon and soot with the carb cleaner. That's only if it's due to buildup. If the carb isn't grimed up and it's doing what you are describing, then it may be time for a carb rebuild kit. I'd personally start with a good tuneup. Start by checking the air cleaner, check the spark plug to see if it needs to be replaced (or if the gap is correct), and then empty the gas tank and see if there is anything clogging the gas line or crap in the tank. It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to check and replace the standard maintenance items, then it is to start repairing or replacing larger cost parts that might not need it.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
    What brand of engines are we discussing?
    1. probably old stale fuel, or fuel with water in it.
    2. could be trash in the tank or carb.
    3. have you been doing regular maintenance in the past?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate size of air intake for air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

We have replaced our air conditioner and it has a higher capacity than the old one. We were told to increase the size of our air intake, but I am not sure how they calculated the square footage (they told us to double the size). How do you calculate the proper size of the air intake? Any...

Fresh Air Intake [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a wall mounted exhaust fan (about 260 cfm) in a 2 car garage in Arizona (20x20x10high). I run this fan periodically to remove exhaust fumes and to suck out hot air. My garage is fairly tight as far as the seals are concerned and I've determined that I need a fresh air vent in...

Moving air intake [ 1 Answers ]

Our air intake is located under a half closet in our hallway. I would like to take out the closet to open up the hallway and relocate the air intake in the ceiling, directly above the spot where the old intake is. Is this next to impossible, or a reasonable expectation?:confused:

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

A/C air intake blocked [ 1 Answers ]

My A/C wasn't putting out cold air. I checked the outside unit and discovered that a plastic drycleaning bag had been sucked onto the air intake side of the "box" and was totally covering the air intake. I removed the plastic bag and the unit has been working, but I don't think that it is...

View more questions Search