Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbear Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
    I hate being Fat
    :(You know I have a lot going for me. I have a great job, good friends, a man who loves me very much, and I'm trying to be happy with it all. I don't understand why I feel depressed most of the time. Yes I'm on medication. I have a thyroid problem, panic attacks, a most of the time I hate me. I eat so much food and I want to be skinny. I have been thin and I know how to do it but can't seem to get motivated to stick to a diet. I'll start and the first week is great and by the second week I start making excuses and then I start hiding what I'm eating. I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I quit smoking about a year ago and gain 40 pounds when I was already over weight . I weigh 230 pounds and never thought I would be here. I act happy when I'm so miserable. Sometimes I want to take a lot of my medication and get really drunk and hope that I don't wake up. I sure this sounds like a pity party or oh me, but I can't seem to get out of that mode in my head. What am I to do?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 09:57 PM
    I hear you. I have a friend who is 28, used to be thin but after she got married, she has become very fat. She tried all kinds of exercise but none of them worked.
    I did some research for her, and I am sharing this with you.
    Try to eat fat and lose Weight with Dr. Atkins' Diet.
    Eliminate junk food. Some of the largest sources of fat in traditional diets are junk foods and convenience foods. On the Atkins diet, you may well end up eating less fat than you did before, even though you are eating a larger amount of meat, fish, fowl, eggs and butter.
    Eat less. On a low-carbohydrate diet, you actually eat less than on a low-fat diet.
    Read up on scientific studies. There is much scientific evidence to refute the claim that fat is the primary cause of heart disease, cancer and other chronic illnesses.
    Avoid hydrogenated fats. Hydrogenation occurs when vegetable oil is changed from a liquid to a solid. This changes the chemical bonds so that the fat is no longer healthy to eat. Margarine is a common example of a hydrogenated fat.
    Avoid heating vegetable oils to high temperatures. This can alter their bonds.
    Control your blood sugar. The basic Atkins diet program has been very helpful in stabilizing the blood sugar of diabetics.
    Make sure you try it!! Don't sit on the sofa complaining about being fat but not doing anything!
    Good luck.:)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I was slightly chubby when I was 18ish, I did martial arts and drank a lot of water before each meal.
    That def. helped me, but I wasn't fat at all, so it depends on how fat you are and how much you want to lose.
    Dr.Atkins' Diet is really good, Google it, you will find more info.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
    You are making choices for yourself. You are the one who is in control of what you do as far as eating and exercising. No one else can make these choices for you.

I'm sorry to here about the depression and the panic attacks. I also suffer from those things too. I also used to be very overweight. I went from about 250 pounds down to my high school weight of 183 pounds in about a year-and-a-half time. It took a lot of discipline on my part, but I did it.

One thing that really helps me when I know that I am overdoing it with something is to tell myself, "Am I in control of this? Or, is it in control of me?"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
    starbear agrees: It's good to hear that I'm not the only one out there who has had this problem
    Thank you for your comment! Please continue to post as I am sure that you will get more support and answers as you do so.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 5, 2007, 09:34 AM
    You're not alone in being overweight. Most Americans are overweight. It's hard to lose weight. It takes rigid self-discipline & resolve to lose weight. You just need to want to lose the weight more than you want to keep it. While it is hard to slim down, it is not impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Does everyone hate me? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi,My name is Ricardo. I'm 16 and live with my 2 older brothers and my father in Ireland. My mum died when when I was 8. When she did my dad sent me away to boarding school. But my brothers got to stay. I came home start of this year. When I did my brother was married and so was my dad they...

I hate myself [ 33 Answers ]

I'm so insicure about about everything I think I'm ugly fat and stupid and I just don't want to be around anymore I always think that everyone would be better off without me And that I'm just in the way of everyone I feel like my life is nothing but a big screw up And that I'm useless I...

I hate me [ 3 Answers ]

I hate me. I'm not fat but feel it, I have no self confidence, I hate my job and can't afford to start a new career. I'm on antidepressants and I'm seeing a councillor but they don't help. I have been sexually abused I'm married but think my husband preffers to hate me than love me but he never hit...

Would they hate me? [ 14 Answers ]

I am gay. Nobody knows it. Don't know what will happen it I tell someone (freinds/family) Good chance my parents would kick me out. Also good chance that my & friends won't talk to me. Pleez respond...

Don't you hate it when... [ 13 Answers ]

Don't you hate it when you have a friend that you enjoy hanging out with, but they are so insecure about their appearance, that they rip on every girl that walks by that is somewhat attractive (even ones that aren't at all) and can't stand it when a girl even says "hi" to her husband. It makes me...

View more questions Search