Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Aug 31, 2005, 09:34 AM
    Injustice and Greed:
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new here so forgive me if I make mistakes. This was in the wrong place.
    I will try this again.

We live in a world or syetem of injustices. People who recently suffered a loss of electricity in South Florida have been plagued now with a 400 dollar deposit added to their electric bills. We are doing our best here just to get back to "some kind of normal life." Why would FPL as well as the gas companies make more of a burden on us who are already burdened? By the way a gallon of gas in south Florida is not up to $3.69.

How many of these company owners charge these outrageous prices and then turn around a claim to be religious people? Where is the justice?

In my home town alone there are some who are disabled and given SSI checks of the sum of $375 dollars a month to live on. That amount of money is for their rent and food and electric. Then companies turn around and charge these people $400. Deposit to keep their electric running. Many of these people are depended on their electricity to aid in their care of their health problems. What is this world coming to? The rich get richer and the poor get killed with the rich perosons greed.

What is the solution? Do you believe their will ever be a solution for such greed? I have a solution but I would love to hear yours, if you have one??

Take care,
    Hope12 :( some things can be negative if looked at in a negative way.
    Other things can be positive if seen through the eyes of positive people :)
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2005, 04:38 PM
    Help for the hopeless
    Dear Hope12,
    I totally agree with you that this nation is now on the road where the rich get richer and the middle class and the poor get the shaft!
    I blame a majority of our problems on the people,now you say I didn't ask for
    The world to be greedy,I didn't ask for these injustices,but you did!
    First I wish to tell you about some of the injustices that are going on today
    And then I will tell you how I think they can be corrected.
    1.The Reagan administration changed the law concerning how the canidates for office would be covered, the news no longer has to give equal time to ALL
    The canidates,so the important issues are not discussed,just the cotraversial
    Ones,like Rowe vs.Wade.which is great for the major canidates but bad for the environment,minimum wage and coperate corruption.
    2.How about the election in Florida,whether you believe G.W. won or not is not the point,there were discepencies which were NOT allowed to be investigated.
    3.Halliburton has stated that they have misplaced a BILLION dollars of the reconstruction money fou Iraq,is there an investigation, NO!
    4.G.W. policies are all crafted for big bussinesss and the religious right.
    Such as oil drilling in Alaska,no gay marriage ,even though you can be married by a justice of the peace who has no religious affiliation
    I could go on for hours but you see my point.Other countries look at the US
    In fear,not because of our nuclear weapons but because we allow these and
    Other wrongs to continue(Abu grab)
    My solution really is simple ,stop the abuse of power!
    1. All views will get equal air time
    2. no more contribution to canidates
    Tax the american people 30$ for
    All campaigns.15$ fed 10$ state
    5$ city
    3. no more trips or gifts
    4. you will not be allowed to work for ANY
    Company after your term who has been
    Helped by legislation that you had
    Anything to do with
    I believe that these simple rules would stop the abuse of power by elliminating the rewards!!
    I hope my rant helps
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 08:47 PM
    Injustice and Greed:
    Big companies will used any excuse to raise the profit margin. A useless hope is that they might have a heart for the disadvantaged.
    Note that they are all Republicans. The only time you see a big wheel republican with compassion for the poor is when they drop a few coins in the cup of a beggar who lost his job because the Republican out sourced the beggar's job overseas.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search