Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celiner Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Aug 25, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Forgotten Author
    Can you help to name the author of 2 or 3 novels written in the 90s or early 2000s? The writer is a retired policeman and I remember the second novel opened with an attack on a police station. The stories are based around a policeman and his staff and station and are in present day form. They are set in America. Really enjoyed these when they were first published. Cannot remember the titles of the books or the name of the author. Not the usual famous writers like Harlen Coben. I seem to recall that there were only 2 or 3 of these novels written.

Many Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Is there any other information about what takes place in the books that you could give us? I did find some information about novels that had attacks on police stations in them, but they were written fairly recently, like in the past couple of years.
    celiner Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Aug 26, 2007, 07:25 AM
    These books were written late 90s early 2000s. The second book is not just about the attack. The chief or sheriff is the main character in the book. He seems to be a man of about 50. He is married. One of the things I remember is that one police woman from another state agency was using a mobile phone and the chief remarks to himself that he should really get one of these. Mobile phones were only beginning to become popular in America then. I think the authors name began with H. I may be wrong. I have trawled the web with no success. I am usually very good at tracking down this type of info. If I do not succeed here I will have to get in touch with all the big publishing houses. It was published by one of the biggies.

Thank you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgotten password [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to retrieve an old Yahoo mail password, is this possible?

Forgotten password [ 3 Answers ]

I forgot my administrator password and now I can't log into my account, how do I find out or change my password.

Has she forgotten [ 4 Answers ]

My 19 yr old girlfriend broke up with me about 2 months ago after a 2 yr relationship basically cause she lost the feelings. I couldn't believe it and no one I know could. She has msgd me twice since on messenger and I didn't reply the first time, second time I said hi I have to go speak to you...

View more questions Search