Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 07:29 PM
    I need advises on doing well in school
    I know that everybody can succeed in school or anything if they use their time wisely. But how should I do this? Any tips? :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Regardless of whether its high school or college you need to structure your time so that you will get all of your work and studying done. When I was in high school as soon as I got home I would do all of my homework and studying for the next day of school. That way I was free by dinner time and able to chat with friends and spend time with my family.

College is a little bit more difficult since your schedule is very loose and you have to really force yourself to get work done. But as long as you are disciplined you should do just fine.
    xCrookedWingsx Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Aug 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Pay attention in class, do your home work, hand everything in on time
    Np :3
    scouter5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonta
    I know that everybody can succeed in school or anything if they use their time wisely. But how should I do this? Any tips? :)
    Yes. I have a few tips that will help you and many others. First volunteer to be a reader at the elementary level. Also volunteer as a reader at nursing homes or assisted living quarters. Just do it. The benefits are priceless. Make improvements, not excuses. Pat yourself on the back for asking questions. Above all, each day is new and you can seek guidance from those immediately around you. Scouter5.
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Sep 14, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonta
    Make a timetable and set yourself a target, say when your first starting, try and complete around 40% of your timetable, then increase this as you get better at time management, soon it'll be a lot easier and more quick to get things done.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Like anything else in the world hard work does pay. Just put enough effort in your work and you'll get the required results out of it. It's physics man, the more energy you put in the more energy you get out.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Also know when your not working. I know far too many people who kid themselves they were working for two hours but they were actually staring out of a window/ on msn/ watching TV. Make sure you work in an area of minimal distractions and if you find your concentration slipping set a mini deadline of say another ten minutes complete this and have a short break.

Make sure work is work 100% no faffing about only work and play is the same. Keep them completely separate and you will use your time much more efficiently.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 02:37 PM
    You guys have it all wrong. Your goal should be a piece of paper as quickly as possible by hook or by crook. You should be able to give the teacher what he/she wants. That's the goal. Learning is not the same as getting good grades. You are to get good grades. Learning is something you need to continually do after school.

One way to do that is to determine how you learn. It can be visual, verbal and kinestetic (Repitition). Exploit those methods.

Remember that in order to pass the exam, the book is usually closed. This means you need to be able to do the homework with the book open and the book closed.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Went from a 1.6 GPA to a 4.0 GPA college.
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
    If your problem is distractions, one thing that may help is telling yourself you don't even like the things that distract you.
    For example, I used to come home from school every day and watch TV before I even ate a snack or started my homework. Realizing this was becoming a problem, I began attempting to convince myself that none of the shows on TV were even remotely interesting and that I was always bored and agitated after watching it. This may seem odd, but it is really helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

5th School in 9 years, 3rd school in 5 years . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a few questions about visitation and Bio mom moving to yet another school district. 1. Bio mom has convinced oldest SD that money is more important than family, we have tried to get her to come home over the last two years... she refuses and BM does not make her( cops won't follow...

School [ 7 Answers ]

When I am at school there are game websites which are blocked Is there anyway I can get onto them

View more questions Search