Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sultryfox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 06:25 PM
    From Pouring Garage Pad to Construction of Garage
    How long to you have to wait after pouring the cement garage pad before you can begin construction on the garage?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 06:35 PM
    You can start after about 48 hours since you will not create a big load in the first day or two of construction. Concrete continues to harden for decades bnut it is safe after 48 hours. Are you sinking floor plate bolts into the slap or drilling later? If you drill I'd wait until a third day has passed.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Yes ballengerb1 is correct, but it usually takes about 21 days to for the concrete to "cure". But the construction can begin much earlier.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Place the wall anchor bolts in the concrete as you pour the slab. Then just drill a hole in the subplate of your wall and slip the subplate down on the bolts, and apply the flat washer, and the nut.
    Rcfiddlerman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 09:03 PM
    For slabs on grade four days, for structural slabs,(those are slabs poured over floor voidform) one week, for suspended slabs , three weeks, concrete is usually cured fully in 28 days, after u pour your garage slab I would wait a week to be safe,oh and don't forget to water your slab like grass, this help the curing process and prevent premature cracks. Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage pad [ 5 Answers ]

Building garage pads

Pouring concrete slab outside garage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am replacing my garage door with a wall and 36" wide steel door to make it a main entrance to the house in the winter and also into a workshop area. It has been recommended that I pour a concrete slab across the front of the garage for the wall to sit on and have that slab just high...

Detached garage pad [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get some information on building a garage starting with the Pad. I am planning on building a 22X26 detached garage. The rough grade was completed about 4 months ago. It is a clay base with no topsoil added yet. Should I get a bobcat in to remove a couple inches or just pack down...

How long must a garage pad cure before you can build on it? [ 1 Answers ]

Once you have your garage pad poured, how long do you have to wait before you start framing your garage? Thanks, lbrowne

Prepping for a garage pad! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey fellas, getting close to starting this project and here is what I got listed so far. 1. Bobcat work, getting a contractor to come in a clear out a patch and remove the topsoil from my property. He'll go down at least 8 inches, and will keep going till he hits the hard clay. 2. I'll rent...

View more questions Search