Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 11:36 PM

Well, you can continue to check how your skin reacts to this and if irritation worsens you can cut back on how often you use. Did you measure everything properly?
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Jan 6, 2010, 08:27 PM

2qwsqq
    goldengreyce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 03:28 AM
    This is really really sad. Why do you want to bleach your skin? Why are you so openly brainwashed. Anyone will take one look at your family and/or old pictures and see what you've done and be disgusted.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jan 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fatimah9 View Post
    Gr8stuff & Golden:
    I have no idea what r the proper percentage to use can anyone tell me??
    its 5 days now that i am using it,i still don't see any change in my skin color :( how long will it take it to improve???
    Oh yes!!that popular method o the other tread to dissolve HQ in glass jar i boiling water.I tried that however the whole cream was at first watery then crystalline kind and then brown. while boiling i flt the cream for the crystals it was completely dissolved but thn it turned brown :((.
    is there any other alternative to dissolve HQ??I also tried dissolving it in distilled water but thn its again turning brown??

help!!
    I read in another thread you use alcohol doroless started it look it up.
    Dimond69south19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 05:00 PM

Cluess2008 where did you get the 10% cream I only have 4% and I am trying to lighten the dark patches on my back and stomach please do tell thanks
    justmeee7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2010, 09:16 PM
    I have tried everything, and thanks to my dermatologist, I finally found something that works!

ACNE - I don't have acne, but occasionally, usually near my menstural cycle, I'll have one or two break outs. They leave dark scars when they go away. So, month after month, thyy pop uo in the same places, so it never really seems like the scars fade & they pop uo near the old ones, so I have all of these small dark scars that seem to never fade.

So, if you live in Los Angeles, the dermatologist I go to is 818-505-9300 & they are on Ventura Blvd.

They prescribed this, and it works great!

NeoStrata - Antibacterial facial cleanser

Epiduo - for your face to treat any acne & prevent any future acne (I'd get about 2 pimples a month)

Solodyn - these are blue pills to clear bacteria so you don't have future break outs. I only had 2 refills & my insurance covered it, but ask your doctor for a card because it allows you to get it for $10.

NeoStrata - oil free lotion with spf 15

Fade Cream with 6% hyrdoquinone - the label has the dermatologists label on it, so I don't know the brand. I think that maybe they might make it. But here's the thing. When I lived in GA, this dermatologist gave me hydroquinone 4% & it was in an amber colored bottle & it was like oily live the consistency of vitamin E oil. This stuff that my derm gave me though is creamy, and it actually works.

Here's the thing though. I didn't know at first, so I was only putting the hydroquinone cream only on the dark spots. I noticed that the dark spots were turning red and then fading really fast. But then afterwards it made the skin outlining the dark spots lighter than the rest of my skin. So on my next visit (I go once a month for checkups) the derm said that I was supposed to put the Epiduo on my whole face, wait 10 minutes & then put the hydroquinone cream on my WHOLE face, not just the spots. I noticed that my whole face evened out, but it seemed like the dark spots weren't fading as fast anymore. Maybe it is but I just don't notice it as much.

Anyhow, I've only been using this regimine for 3 months. My dark spots have faded, but I wish they would fade faster. THe derm said that I could do peels and facials to speed up the process, so I just do them occasionally. I am just impatient. But I notice the biggest difference when looking at photos from last year compared to my face now.

So I hope this helps. I've spent the last 5 years trying to figure out how to fade spots. Finally, I found something. Since I don't have bad acne, which is why it's even more frustrating to be dealing with these pesky spots.. . The key to my success is that the face wash stopped ALL break outs. I have not had one pimple in 3 months. NONE! So no pimples = no new dark spots so I can just focus on fading the ones that I have without dealing with new ones.

ALso, in the past I used Proactiv. I like it too & sometimes I rotate the proactive face wash with the NeoStrata. The only thing is that the Proactiv would stop breakouts but wouldn't do anything to help with the dark spots.

I also found NeoStrata online. I googled it, and the website to buy the face wash is www.neostrata.com. THere's some products with hydroquinone on there too, but I haven't tried them, so I don't know how they work. I've tried 4% in the past & it didn't work, but it might also be because it was oily and I have oily skin. The one that I use now is 6% & it works. The store stuff is 2% I think, & that stuff never worked for me at all.

Here's my derm:

Dermatology & Laser Center of Studio City
    Gene Rubinstein
    818-505-9300.
    www.LAskinMD.com
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Feb 20, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreyce View Post
    This is really really sad. Why do you want to bleach your skin? Why are you so openly brainwashed. Anyone will take one look at your family and/or old pictures and see what you've done and be disgusted.
    Firstly if you don't like bleaching don't come onto a forum that's all about it. Secondly,who cares how others feel,one thing I've learned that people will talk no matter what.
    The only reason I think you could be making this comment is well you'd like to bleach but your to scared.
    We bleach for the same people tan.
    Your obviously the one with self hatred.
    Thanks for reading.

Feb 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
    Until I read these posts, I never knew people bleached their skin with hydroquinone. I thought it was always used for scar treatment and pigmentation problems due to sun damage, scars, ETC. so I learned something new. Anyhow, for anyone using it for acne scars, it really works. So if you've always had clear skin & don't like these stubborn scars, it's worth asking your doctor about. Read my earlier post as you should ask your doctor what the hydroquinone is mixed with & whether it's good for your skin type. I have oily skin, and so the cream works for me but the oil version did not. I only came back on to reply because I got an email that someone replied to my post, but I guess it was just a reply to the discussion thread.

Also, just my opinion, but I think that these discussion boards are a great way to get info from real people rather than what a doctor or dermatologist or product endorser wants you to get... I've tried so many things & if someone was around to share info with me, I could have saved a lot of time and money :)

Feb 20, 2010, 01:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CARAMEL LIPS View Post
    hey guys.. my doctor prescribed 4% hydroquinone for dark spots on my skin. Can someone tell me when i will start to see results? or do i have to use a sunblock? i really want this to work. i have marks on my legs and arm. Or does anyone have any other suggestions for these marks on my skin. i am tired of wearing along clothing all the time. thanksguys:o
    I saw fast results in the first 6 weeks. But the spots are just significantly lighter & not completely gone yet. My dermatologist said that results vary depending on being consistent, using sunblock, and skin type... but he said that typically it can take 3-6 months, and sometimes 9 months to a year for some people to completely get rid of all of the spots granted no new ones pop up... this is why he prescribed antibacterial fase wash. I found it online though at NeoStrata.com. It's just regular antibacterial fase wash, but it's not like the drugstore kind. I've tried those & he said to try what he told me to do & I haven't had any breakouts in 3 months. But I use Neostrata face wash & sunblock, epiduo @ night, and a hydriquinone cream that they have at the derm.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justmeee7 View Post
    i saw fast results in the first 6 weeks. but the spots are just significantly lighter & not completely gone yet. my dermatologist said that results vary depending on being consistant, using sunblock, and skin type...but he said that typically it can take 3-6 months, and sometimes 9 months to a year for some people to completely get rid of all of the spots granted no new ones pop up...this is why he prescribed antibacterial fase wash. i found it online tho at NeoStrata.com. it's just regular antibacterial fase wash, but it's not like the drugstore kind. I've tried those & he said to try what he told me to do & I haven't had any breakouts in 3 months. But I use Neostrata face wash & sunblock, epiduo @ night, and a hydriquinone cream that they have at the derm.
    That's great Justmeee, and really good products too. Thanks. Are you using an exfoliator as well like a facial scrub, ahas, or retin-a? To help exfoliate and speed the skin cell turnover for faster results.
    sabrahardy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Comment on clueless2008's post
    I called Rite Aide pharmacy today 7/12/10 and asked if they carried pharmacutical grade hydroquinone she said it only goes up to 4%. Please send me a line at [email protected] and let me know the exact name of the product you are using so I can as

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Godiva work? Licorice extract is 10x better than hydroquinone it says... [ 11 Answers ]

I always thought Godiva was just a scam but does it actually work? Over time? I don't mind if it takes awhile but does it work at all? Licorice extract looks promising for skin whitening but let me know!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search