Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garymick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Feeding amount for dogs
    How much should I be feeding a 90 pound, 9 year old dog?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
    There isn't any definite answer. A weight based table could lead you to continuing to over feed an overweight dog. Likely the package its chow comes in says 4-5 cups. What you need to do is evaluate its body condition and adjust its food and exercise to bring it into the ideal body condition. See LongLiveYourDog.com - Life Span Study - Rate Your Dog
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Look on the package, also a 90 pound dog while large I have seen larger, but your dog is 9 years old, correct? If your dog is not overweight I would go by what the back of the dog food bag suggested. If your dog is overweight , again I do not know what breed we are referring to, I would go with a vet recommended diet type food to prolong your dogs life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Feeding my baby [ 2 Answers ]

How much should I feed my 7 month baby boy per day?

Am I feeding my baby too much? [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 months today. I am still breastfeeding at least 5 times a day and she is also on solids. Since she has been 6 months, she eats 3 meals a day of solids. She normally has at least two Stage 2 jars plus small amount of cereal at each feeding (most of the time). Many times she acts...

When should I start feeding my dogs puppies? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog just had puppies on February 6,2007 but when should I start feeding them real puppy food?they are 19 days old.:eek: :eek:

View more questions Search