Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drphilohio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2004, 06:03 PM
    Re: DSO Exploit - When will PepiMK fix the reappearing problem
    My question (somewhat rhetorical I guess) is when is PepkiMK Software and/or SoftSpy going to fix the problem of DSO Exploit supposedly being fixed, but showing up again and again on the next scan and each additional scan

They and many people on various message boards say that DSO Exploit is actually being removed during the Scan and showing up on the next Scan is just a glitch (solutions on some boards just discuising the glitch at best)

PepMK and others say the glitch will be corrected on the next update, BUT THIS CONTENTION HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A VERY LONG TIME, MANY MONTHS OR MORE

I can't find a Home Page for PepiMK Software when I do a search, so that I can ask them directly, WHAT GIVES ON THIS PROBLEM??

It's gotten way old. Sorry for being so long winded and non-technical

If anyone knows how to reach PepiMK Software, by email, url, or phone please advise. I'm tired of wasting time in this and it seems many others are as well

I would like to get to the bottom of it once and for all

It seems all that's going on so far is TALK, and as an old friend of mine used to say, this is nothing but MENTAL MATURBA..!

Well you know!!

psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Oct 3, 2004, 10:15 PM
    Re: DSO Exploit - When will PepiMK fix the reappearing problem
    Well, one of the rumors on the net is that the DSO exploit issue was placed in the program intentionally, so that groups that steal spybot's database are easier to identify. That's the rumor, anyway.

Remember you aren't paying for Spybot, its creators are under no obligation to you to provide anything at all.
    drphilohio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2004, 08:15 AM
    DSO Exploit - When will PepiMK fix the reappearing problem
    Thanks for the info about the rumor, and thanks for the reminder, that Spybot is a free spyware removal tool

There may be something to the rumor, I'm sure this would be a fairly simple fix for them if they were motivated to do so
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2004, 06:09 AM
    DSO Exploit; Solution
    Hi,
    I use both AdAware and SpyBot; update them every week with new downloads.
    I have no trouble with SpyBot finding and deleting the DSO stuff. Afterwards, I re-boot. then it's gone.
    It will come back when you visit any website that uses this advertising method; by downloading it again into your computer.
    You can also get rid of it yourself by:
    When you run SpyBot, click on the + sign next to the DSO Exploit.
    Then, write down the pathway in the Registry.
    If you know how to edit the Registry, go to Start/Run, then type in REGEDIT.
    Do a search, or go straight to the pathway, and delete it yourself.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reappearing Reddish Mark [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small reddish mark that appears for a few days to a week and then disappears for several months. The mark shows up on my lower back/upper buttox. It has appeared and disappeared 3 or 4 times now. My primary care physician looked at the mark and said she does not think it is skin cancer,...

The Magical Reappearing Process [ 7 Answers ]

That's right i'm back with another fun filled adventure of "annoying computer problems" So lately i've been noticing that my internet explorer is closing out for no reason what-so-ever...and occasionally i'll get an error message something about the memory usage..so i press ctrl, alt, del..and...

DSO Exploit [ 242 Answers ]

____________________________________________ * Moderator's edit * If you are having trouble regarding the DSO Exploit, please take a look at http://www.pchell.com/support/dsoexploit.shtml. It will answer the most common questions. Happy holidays, ~psi42 * End edit *

DSO Exploit ? [ 2 Answers ]

EVery time I run Spy Bot I find this in the removal box. Does anyone know what this is and why it's always there? Thanks Kirby [email protected]

DSO Exploit fix [ 33 Answers ]

Hi, I have had that stupid DSO Exploit until 30 minutes ago. I ran Spybot & have managed to get rid of it by getting into regedit & replacing value in the folder 1004 from 0 to 3 (5 times, that is). However, although they are all gone, I cannot get my Home page to remember my setting. It...

View more questions Search